Listed Thread: top 5 U2 songs to fall asleep to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) The Ocean
2) MLK *sleep...sleep tonight:wink: *
3) 40
4) Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
5) One Step Closer

alot of their early closers get me to sleep really quick

1) If you wear that velvet dress
2) the first time
3) peace on earth
4) the playboy mansion
5) grace

By this question, do you mean songs that make are so relaxing that they make you sleepy, or songs that you would rather be unconscious when played? :yawn:

The Fly
Discotheque
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Vertigo
God Part II

-or-
Stateless
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Grace
The First Time
MLK

MLK
Mothers of the Disappeared
Elvis Presley and America
Promenade
4th of July

...Yeah, The Unforgettable Fire as a whole is a pretty good album to fall asleep to. (Not saying that it's boring, it's one of my favorites - it's just very relaxing. N'stuff.) :up:

Last edited:
For the last few weeks on Sunday nights, I was trying to stay awake to listen to the radio countdown, but I always fell asleep during Vertigo and woke up 10 minutes later.

I actually have a playlist called "Sleep":

If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Your Blue Room
Love Is Blindness
Love Comes Tumbling
Deep In the Heart
Endless Deep
Bass Trap
4th of July
Promenade
Race Against Time
Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)
Can't Help Falling In Love
Satellite of Love
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad

I know that's more than five songs, but I also have another playlist, called "Nap" };)~ that's just the first three songs in that list. After a frenetic day, I find those songs most relaxing. I've had some very cool dreams falling asleep listening to those songs.. for some reason, most involve water... ???

goat

Van Diemen's Land
Mothers of the Disappeared
All I Want Is You
Love Is Blindness
MLK

VDL is actually one of my favorite U2 songs...I wish it were longer actually...IMO Edge's voice & guitar, and the lyrics really work together. Really R&H would be cool to go ot sleep to, but if you were restless and didn't fall off by Heartland, God Part II & Bullet would wake you up for sure :)

1. 40
2. All I Want Is You
3. The First Time
4. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
5. One

I tried to fall asleep while listening to HTDAAB last night.
It didn't go very well. I had to get up and turn the bloody thing off because I kept jerking awake just as I was dozing off. I guess subconsciously, my brain knew to wake me up everytime a lyric came on that I liked.

Last edited:
The entire Unforgettable Fire Album.... But....

1 - MLK
2 - With or Without You
3 - Promenade
4 - One
5 - Grace

SMB

I try to fall asleep to TUF album, but the song UF always wakes me up because I love it. Then I doze back off only to wake up when Bad plays. Like Hello Angel said, their music is just to stimulating to fall/stay asleep too. I fell asleep with ESPN on the tv last night and they played the All Because Of You video around 2:30 this morning. That woke me up. :dance:

saxgoddess said:
By this question, do you mean songs that make are so relaxing that they make you sleepy, or songs that you would rather be unconscious when played? :yawn:

SONGS THAT YOU would like to fall asleep to

isabelle_guns said:
1. Stay Far Away So Close
2. Sometimes You Can't make it on your own
3. I will follow
4. One
5. Zooropa

How anyone can fall asleep to I Will Follow is beyond me - the sing conveys far too much energy for sleep!

Back
Top Bottom