Listed Thread: Top 5 U2 songs that make you cry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
With or Without You (Live)
Walk On (Live)
Kite (Slane)

just five? :eyebrow:

Walk to the Water
Drowning Man
Stay
Van Diemen's Land
I Fall Down

Tomorrow
If God Will Send His Angels
Ultraviolet
One
Peace on Earth (oh really)
With Or Without You

So many songs you have mentioned have made me teary-eyed. But only recently can I listen to "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" without bawling my eyes out. I know it's about Bono's dad, but it gets to me on a very personal level.

All I Want Is You (I mean, come on...)
Vertigo (New U2 this good!)
Until The End Of The World
Walk On
One

jick said:
1. Discotheque - Every U2 fan has cried to this song as the first time they heard it they thought it was the end of U2 and they would never recover from such an embarrassing song. (Fast forward to 2002, U2 are hot off their phenomenal comeback with ATYCLB and they actually fixed the embarrassment of Discotheque by making a much much better mix in the Best Of 1990-2000 collection)

2. Beautiful Day - Tears of joy! Oh my God, I can't believe U2 are back! My oh my, they can still recover from a setback like Pop! Wow, what a band!

3. Wake Up Dead Man - The end of the song makes me cry the same way a hostage cries when he is released from a hostage crisis. It's like "wow, the torture is finally over." Well, after hearing the songs in POP, you just want it to end, and when it does end, it brings you to tears.

4. Stuck In A Moment (see #2)

5. Elevation (see #2)

Cheers,

J

YOU STUPID!!!!!YOU LITTLE!!!! Pop is greater and better than any 80's album. Tears when you hear Discoteque-great song,exceptional, video even better. Wake up dead man, you cry after it?!nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Yes, you cry but not because of sadness because it's stupid album yet because it's great and it ended.
You cry to Elevation uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh: You're pussy, little pussy, pussy pussy, change your name to pussyjick. It's like somebody says that Streets or EBTTRT is boring and you can fall asleep to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!
Stuck:madspit: good song, but not to cry to!! Are you a man or hermafrodite(2 sex creature)?

ONE
LOVE IS BLINDNESS (especially live)
KITE (especially live)
SOMETIMES
YOUR BLUE ROOM

I'll give you 5 more:
CANT HELP FALLING IN LOVE (live)
ACROBAT
ALL I WANT IS YOU
HEARTLAND
WAKE UP DEAD MAN (live and studio)

and another five:
ONE TREE HILL
RUNNING (live 92-93)
STILL HAVENT FOUND (live)
WOWY (studio)
ONE STEP CLOSER

I don't think a U2 song has ever made me cry, but I bought a new home theater yesterday and watched the Elevation DVD. Some of it made me tear up a little because it had been a while since I had watched it, and it brought back a lot of memories of seeing that tour. I loved it when they walked out in full lights to begin ELevation and then shut off the lights halfway thgough. The "duel" on UTEOTW was another one that took me back. Watching the crowd bounce up and dwn with Bono ... :sad:

We can only choose five?! I am not one who cries very often, but everytime I hear these songs I cry or at least tear up.

1.) SYCMIOYO
2.) Stuck In A Moment
3.) Please
4.) Kite- I cried my eyes out when I saw it on Slane
5.) Miracle Drug

Sorry....I can't pick just five. I must be some kind of cry baby.
6.) IGWSHA
7.) All I Want Is You
8.) Bad- live

Back
Top Bottom