List 5 songs you predict will be your favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Based on the recent reviews we got from different magazines on the songs list 5 songs you think will be your favorites (Vertigo not included).

Love And Peace Or Else
Miracle Drug
Yahweh
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You

All the songs seem to be great. It’s a shame they’re not adding Fast Cars in every copy cause it seems to be a very interesting track. :yes:

dabiggestu2fan said:
how can you know which ones will be your favorites by only hearing the names??? I only have one favorite so far and thats vertigo I will pick my 5 when i actualy hear them :bono:

You haven't been around too long have you? Three different magazines have reviewed each song from the new album. I'm asking to list 5 of those you think will be your favorites based on those reviews.

Miracle Drug
City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
One Step Closer
All Because of You

I can't think in 5, but maybe Miracle Drug will be my favorite... don't know why

I'm gonna put six down. Have a problem with that? Too bad.

Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
City of Blinding Lights
A Man and a Woman
One Step Closer
Original of the Species

I'm looking forawrd to the personal songs more than the political ones, such as LaPoE and Crumbs From Your Table.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
What do you lose if you're wrong and the 5 you picked aren't your favorite? An arm? eys? testicle?

Well that would certianly make the contest interesting

for the crappy beach recording I'll say Miracle Drug - can't explain it - the song is just beautiful - but once the album comes out I expect that I will have 11.5 favorite new songs (maybe 12.5 if I can find the friggin import with the bonus song)

MrBrau1 said:
What do you lose if you're wrong and the 5 you picked aren't your favorite? An arm? eys? testicle?

Most definitely a testicle. It probably hurts a lot. :up: Start making a list MrBrau1 or you might never know how it feels to have a testicle ripped from you. By the way it will be very interesting once I listen to the songs and compare my favorites with the ones I think will be my favorites. :hmm:

Just want to add that Q Magazine said that A Man And A Woman was "Motown by way of The Rolling Stones' 'Waiting on a Friend'", not only do I love Motown but also Waiting On a Friend is a great song. :up: I'm waiting for that one too. :drool:

love and peace or else
vertigo
all beacause of you
city of blinding lights
original of the species(they've been working on this one long enough(99-00)

I'm really rooting for Love and Peace or Else to be great. Sounds like my cup of tea. I had high hopes for Yahweah as well, but all 3 previews have been so ho hum about this song that I'm starting to think maybe it's not that great after all.

I actually think this is a cool question, it's not as if we don't have an idea, if we were just going off of song titles it would be silly.

Based on those reviews and all:

City of Blinding LIghts
Miracle Drug
Original of the Species
One Step Closer
Yahweh

Actually, of the 10 we havent heard, I am very interested in all of them with, Crumbs not sounding too appealing, a 'Still Havent Found' feel with lyrics about Africa? Jeez. Just doesnt excite me that much. I will, of course, give it a chance, it might be great.

Fast Cars has a middle eastern tinge? Awesome. I suppose it's probably pretty cool.

All Because of You
Origin of the Species
Yahweh *awesome name*
Sometimes...
Miracle Drug *like the 1 larry takes to look 20 all the time*

Hehe, I did this when they announced ATYCLB! I was wrong though, on a few on that album.

But here goes:
One Step Closer
Miracle Drug
Crumbs from your table
All Because of You
Sometimes you can't make it on your own....

I hope I can look back at myself and laugh

Yahweh
Love And Peace Or Else
Crumbs From Your Table
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Miracle Drug

Miracle drug
City of blinding lights
Sometimes you can´t make it on your own
One step closer
Origin of the spicies

one step closer
original of the species
city of blinding lights
love and peace or else
sometimes you can't make it on your own

City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Yaweh
Fast Cars

1. Mircale Drug - "Wide Eyed anthem" - can't go wrong w/ that
2. Love and Peace or Else - "U2 resembeling Led Zepplin" - need we say more?
3. All Because of You - "gleeful stomping" - I like to gleefully stomp !
4. SYCMIOYO - "same vein as REMs Everybody Hurts" Me Gusta, Me Gusta Mucho !
5. Original of the Species - "builds into an epic ballad which is classic U2" - if that description doesn't get you excited, not much will.

:shrug:

Sometimes you can't make it on your own
Love and peace or else
One step closer
Crums from your table
Miracle drug

Last edited:
I have a feeling that they are front loading this album, same as ATYCLB, so I am going with:

Miracle Drug
Sometimes...
Love & Peace
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You

I would have said Vertigo, but not allowed :(

Back
Top Bottom