Linkin Park's One Step Closer vs U2's One Step Closer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2's is about being there and seeing it all, seeing life go by, it's reflective of Bono's age, about being an older man now.

I am pretty sure Linkin Parks is about teen angst.

Linkin Park's One Step Closer - wannabe rap-metal shit.

U2's One Step Closer - sheer atmospheric beauty. (Or according to a post on my LiveJournal, it's Bono covering Linkin Park on a ukelele.)

Axver said:
Linkin Park's One Step Closer - wannabe rap-metal shit.

U2's One Step Closer - sheer atmospheric beauty. (Or according to a post on my LiveJournal, it's Bono covering Linkin Park on a ukelele.)

Dude dont diss Linkin Park, U2 wouldnt be anything today without them.

I like U2 and all but U2's One Step Closer is nothing without a hardcore Larry rap about hard times and hard bitches.

shaun vox said:
u2 are too old and its time for some young bands to take over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2 are just too pop, they don't know how to make music that makes you feel or break shit. If they made a song that I could break something and punch my dog to, that would rock!

well u2 last rocked on AB and zootv!!!!!!!! pop had some rock in it but now its just slow pop booooooringggggggg songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that only my grand ma will like ...

move over u2 its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaun vox said:
well u2 last rocked on AB and zootv!!!!!!!! pop had some rock in it but now its just slow pop booooooringggggggg songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that only my grand ma will like ...

move over u2 its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah I wouldnt call it over, they just dont rap enough and their beats are lame.

shaun vox said:
NUMB is u2 first and only rap song

Yea but the Edge isn't gangsta man, he's just a poser in the rap game.

even Ja Rule could kick his ass, but Edge would destroy 50.

One could argue "Fast Cars" as U2's attempt at being Linkin Park, what with the rapping verses and singing choruses. \/\/00+!

Last edited:
yea but Bono only whines about cel phones and TVs in that song, he needs to get hard and start bringing the pain about bitches, blunts, money and cars

I would love to hear Bono rap about "rollin on dubs"

bonosleftone said:
yea but Bono only whines about cel phones and TVs in that song, he needs to get hard and start bringing the pain about bitches, blunts, money and cars

I would love to hear Bono rap about "rollin on dubs"

Yeah, but I thought this thread was about U2 trying to be gods like Linkin Park. They don't rap 'bout bitches. (or blunts, or money, or cars). They did do that thing with Jay-Z, but I'd wait for u2 to do one with a real rapper like Snow before we expected the blunts and bitches.

UnforgettableLemon said:

Yeah, but I thought this thread was about U2 trying to be gods like Linkin Park. They don't rap 'bout bitches. (or blunts, or money, or cars). They did do that thing with Jay-Z, but I'd wait for u2 to do one with a real rapper like Snow before we expected the blunts and bitches.

No its not really about Linkin Park, it was initially a comparison between their classic One Step Closer and U2's slight One Step Closer. It just occured to me that if U2 had more hip to their hop they'd be more street.

Now its turned into a discussion about U2's image.

Sorry but Bono is no Ludacris. He ain't got dat thang if ya know what I'm saying.

On one of the unreleased tracks from the Itunes box set there is a reference to "throwing elbows" - I forget which one it is though.

Last edited:
bonosleftone said:

Sorry but Bono is no Ludacris. He ain't got dat thang if ya know what I'm saying.

Yeah, but Bono PWND O'Reilly, even got O'Reilly to admit that he was doing "God's work". What did Ludacris do? Oh yeah, lose his endorsement because of O'Reilly.

I guess that means Bonizzle will never have street cred. :sad:

UnforgettableLemon said:

Yeah, but Bono PWND O'Reilly, even got O'Reilly to admit that he was doing "God's work". What did Ludacris do? Oh yeah, lose his endorsement because of O'Reilly.

I guess that means Bonizzle will never have street cred. :sad:

O'Reilly wouldnt know hip hop if Slick Rick farted in his face and gave him a cup of pimp juice. Lodi dodi...

Bono could have the cred, all he needs is a grill that says bling bling, a phat ride like a Bentley, three hos from the ATL and a hardcore edge (no pun intended). I bet if Bono started rapping about tippin 40s in Dublin and some ill Irish beatdowns he'd sell more records than Ja. No question.

I mean he did work with Wyclef, but everyone knows Wyclef is actually white. At least Bono is down wit Diddy.

Last edited:
dude I could picture a U2 rap video already, they sorted had one with Discotheque that Timberlake obviously stole when he did the video for "Rock Your Body", but a U2 rap video would just kill.

Can you imagine U2 rockin out and then Missy Elliott comes out and does a cool chick rap and then Diddy could do his dance and then they could fade to a beach and Ashanti is there dancing close with Larry and they do a little love rap for the bridge.

Oh man, I'm getting sexually excited.

bonosleftone said:

I mean he did work with Wyclef, but everyone knows Wyclef is actually white. At least Bono is down wit Diddy.

LMAO...still, being "down wit Diddy" isn't a thing of hardcore beauty, either.

walkon11 said:

LMAO...still, being "down wit Diddy" isn't a thing of hardcore beauty, either.

Yea but Diddy's been there man, with Biggie and stuff. Diddy may be more bizness these days but Bono needs all the help he can get. He's really lacking in the street department.

At the very least Diddy should introduce him to Funkmaster Flex, and then Bono could do a 50 and help get big in the underground first with those mixtapes.

DJ Green Lantern presents : U2 DAWGZ OF DA STREETZ

Total street

74462778.jpg

Back
Top Bottom