Like landing a 747 on your front lawn...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Now that the whole Elevation tour,DVD, etc. is all said and done, I truly think one of the best shows they did was the Irving Plaza club date they did in New York City.

Elevation is so raw - I think it sound the best live during this
show.

Absolutely unbelievable.

One is indeed awesome. Best version of Mysterious Ways ever. And even though he fudges the lyrics, Bad is awesome. Plus no one would have ever guessed beforehand that they would throw in 11 o clock tick tock!

Irving Plaza kicked ass. :D

That was certainly a magical show. I still get goosebumps. When they started the notes for Bad, I just about cried. And the Walk On ending to One has GOT to be one of the most inspired things ever. *sigh*

Zooropa said:
I LOVE the version of One they did at Irving Plaza, when they tacked a few lines of Walk On to the end of it. goosebumps

Zooropa, don't tell me you were at that show- I will have to kick your butt if you were! :p

Lest we forget, the cover of Won't Get Fooled Again was awesome.

Diemen said:
Plus no one would have ever guessed beforehand that they would throw in 11 o clock tick tock!

that was a big suprise and a very nostalgic moment..especially considering many audience members/listeners were just kids when it was introduced, maybe not even born..I vaguely remember Zack de la Rocha's comments later on remembering himself as a young kid buying the single and hearing it so many years on played with such enthusiasm live..great show..

..I also think in a similar vein, their performance for UK Radio 1 at Maida Vale was superb..aside from the under-exposed Man Ray shows this was the first real glimpse at how the ATYCLB songs would stand up to live performance..the New York and especially Stuck In A Moment performances for me still rank up there with best they have done since

We wont get fooled again is outstanding, The bootleg is awesome, I listen to it more than any of the Elevation shows..

I?m addicted to my Irving Plaza boot, probably the one I listen to the most from ATYCLB era. They were definitely inspired that night, eager to play like they used to, it?s amazing.

Another honourable mention is All I Want Is You, I simply love Edge?s guitar in that particular perfomance, haunting. I agree with Diemen about Mysterious Ways as well, my all time fave performance of the song. And there is also the acoustic The Ground Beneath Her Feet, it always reminds me when they played it in Rio, 2 weeks before Irving Plaza.

As for 11 O?Clock Tick Tock and Won?t Get Fooled Again cover, they were the best surprise U2 could have given to their fans IMO. They helped to make Irving Plaza so unique.

Last edited:
The Irving Plaza version of Beautiful Day is currently number 4 in my work Windows Media player Top 100 most played list. (92 times)

Number 1 is ATYCLB version of Kite (96)
2 - BTBS from ZooTV DC (95)
3 - Bad from ZooTV DC(94)
5 - A demo version of Wire (89)

Back
Top Bottom