"Like A Song..." appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One time, it was raining out, so I told my friends I would perform in the rain for them. I sang "Like A Song" and danced with my umbrella.

They locked me out of the house.

Jerks. :crack:

I know the song as a whole is a little incoherent and overdone, but I love it. At the end when Bono sings

We're a generation without name, ripped and torn
Nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing at all...
A new heart is what I need -- O God, make it bleed.

I just can't even put into words how completely that expressed what I felt about being part of the generation that was coming of age in that era (I'm just a tad younger than Bono.) It knocked me over. THIS IS OUR VOICE, I said. It seems naive now, but when I was just out of college in the 80s... *chokes with emotion*.

Bonochick said:
One time, it was raining out, so I told my friends I would perform in the rain for them. I sang "Like A Song" and danced with my umbrella.

They locked me out of the house.

Jerks. :crack:
:cute: All those 'One time....' stories...... :laugh:

Like A Song.... is my favourite track of War. It is amazing to listen to it. Though the songs makes me also sad. Bono or Edge or whoever came up withthe lyrics for Like A Song... were so right----they wrote about the truth in a way it almost hurts....

gherman said:
I think "Drowning Man" needs attention!!!
That's what I thought and that's why I started an appreciation thread in It's A Musical Journey. :D

Back
Top Bottom