Like A Song...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sting

The Fly
... out of curiosity, does anyone know why U2 only played this song once? I have just recently purchased War, and after listening to the first 3 tracks(which I already loved), I heard this song pump me into the rest of the album and I love it.

It is a very powerful song, and of the 10 songs on War, I think it is at least in the top 5(my opinion I guess).

I doubt anyone has talked to the band and been like "oh yeah! why have you guys only played 'Like A Song...' once!, but any thoughts?

I haven't tried singing it, so I don't know if it would be hard for Bono... it doesn't sound any harder than New Years Day or some of the other songs on War.

I believe one explanation given is that the band felt they couldn't perform it at the proper pace live.

It'd be more like a song
And less like it's math
If you pull on my hair
And bite me like thaaaaat

:drool:

Axver said:
I believe one explanation given is that the band felt they couldn't perform it at the proper pace live.

That can definately be a problem. I don't know... I would have loved to hear it live... its definately rocking... but theres no point in them butchering it just for the sake of playing it live.

I agree, Like a Song (and Drowning Man) should have been played far more often live. My War favourites list -

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. New Year's Day
3. Like a Song...
4. Drowning Man
5. Two Hearts Beat as One
6. Seconds
7. '40'
8. Surrender
9. Red Light
10. The Refugee

It is a crime LAS and DM weren't played live more often. But they aren't going to be played now.

Like A Song... :drool:

TOP U2 SONGS for me

01 - Acrobat
02 - Like A Song...

THAT GOOD it is for me

1) New Year Day
2) Sunday Bloody Sunday
3) Seconds
4) Like A Song
5) Drowning Man
6) The Refugee(really dig this song even though I notice a similarity to The Knacks "My Sherona" during one part... just in a rhythm)
7) Two Hearts Beat as One
8) 40
9) Surrender
10) Redlight

But than agan the last 2 I havent listened to more than once or twice... so I should give them another chance...

He's using the songs to power his "Bubblegum Pop Buster"

the amazingness of War is blared so loud, and the drumming becomes so severe that every shitty bubblegum pop band (there were SOME good ones, but not recently) has their heads explode in the blaze of glory.

Or they all grow Bono Irish Power Fluff Mullets with Blonde Highlights

the rockin edge said:

whaddya mean "had" zootles? :eyebrow: did you do something with them? :shifty:

:wink: I accidentally erased them from U2/Bono's memory and that's why their songs aren't that good anymore. :uhoh:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom