Liam quote on Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
"What can Bono tell me I dont know?Im not looking for guidence. There are days i believe and days i dont.f*** the lot of em Im going for a stella. And when Ive had 10 of em IM f***ing god.f*** Bono.I dont need his guidence.He'd talk a glass eye to sleep." - Liam on On Bono

oasisfanatic

:madspit:

:shrug:

He always says things like that. Then when he sees Bono in person they're best friends all of a sudden. Best just ignore him I say.

Did you read his qoute on John Lennon recently published in Q magazine? I think his quotes are hilarious.

Meghan said:
:shrug:

He always says things like that. Then when he sees Bono in person they're best friends all of a sudden.

He's having a 'go' at Bono.

A lot of friends give each other shit for all kinds of stuff.

I know people in the UK give a shit about Noel and Liam and Oasis but the truth is that they are non-entities everywhere else in the world. If Oasis were really anything like The Beatles then their music would've stood the test of time, instead they already sound like 90's has beens and that's because Noel is a hack songwriter, even the best Oasis record would put a glass eye to sleep. If these guys could maintain any sucess based on the merit of their music then they wouldn't have to rely on being a bunch of limey assholes to get publicity.

That glass eye line is priceless.....Oasis and U2 are good friends, have been since the Pop/BHN days...Liam says crap like that all the time.

And for what it's worth, Oasis' music has stood the test of time...Morning Glory is TEN YEARS OLD and it's still brilliant.

tommycharles said:
That glass eye line is priceless.....Oasis and U2 are good friends, have been since the Pop/BHN days...Liam says crap like that all the time.

And for what it's worth, Oasis' music has stood the test of time...Morning Glory is TEN YEARS OLD and it's still brilliant.

Totally agree with you, being both a huge Oasis and U2 fan. I've read other interviews with Liam when he's drunk and he says the wierdest things, like at the Q awards this year, he called Chris Martin a "plant pot" (!) - It's more funny than offensive.

hahahahahaah "he'd talk a glass eye to sleep".. HAHAH what in the fuck?!?!?! lmao. that is one of the fucking funniest things i've ever heard for some damn reason, lol.

not that i agree with him! hell, i could listen to bono for hours and hours..

that liam is insane. lol.

Total U2 Nut said:

Totally agree with you, being both a huge Oasis and U2 fan. I've read other interviews with Liam when he's drunk and he says the wierdest things, like at the Q awards this year, he called Chris Martin a "plant pot" (!) - It's more funny than offensive.

a "plant pot"?!

LMFAO!

this is too much...

then again.. Chris Martin does seem like .. something.. like that... most of the time, but thats another story.. lol.

(dont hit me..)

If only they'd be half as known for their music as they are for their bashing of others.

The Gallagher boys are fantasic because they bash others. If I was a frontman in a band, I'd do it. If I thought someone deserved to be mocked, i'd do it.

I'd be giving Jet, Missy Higgins and Creed heaps.....

...and Oasis' music is nothing short of "mind-blowing" (to use a lyric oft repeated in their songs, especially the ones from DBTT)

Total U2 Nut said:

Just for this ALONE, he is a genius. It was so funny, Chris Martin tried to be cool and shrug it off while they were making an acceptance speech and Liam kept going! ....was imitating a crying baby to CM and everything....just classic.

...and if you ever read an interview with BOTH Liam and Noel together, you're gauranteed to be in tears by the end of it....they are HILarious....

...I happen to agree that their music has gone down hill since Morning Glory, they still do the odd decent thing, but its so 'same sounding' that its hard to care......but I must say, it would be a MUCH duller place without them.....we need more characters like that in rock......not 'geography teachers' like Chris Martin...

(another Liam classic..) :wink:

I am someone who gets VERY mad when Bono is dissed or made fun of in any way, but considering it's Liam, it's a joke.

Back
Top Bottom