Liam loses voice in FL show & some U2 comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wowy23

The Fly
gator
Member # 3183

Rate Member posted August 03, 2002 06:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No wonder Americans arent in love with Oasis. We don't put up up with that crap that went on tonight.

Total BS and everyone should get a refund. Voice went out??roflmao. Bonos voice has gone out many nights and he has still played.Just another drama story. I say refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came to see Oasis.Not a half ass acoustic set by NOEL.I dont blame people for sitting down.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dwagon
Member # 3185

Rate Member posted August 03, 2002 06:33 AM
Ah, gotta love U2 fans...

If Bono's voice went out, there IS NO U2, nobody worth seeing...

When Liam's voice left out, you still have 4 fine musicians and a singer who is just as good as the lead...

Difference between an overhyped sellout band(U2) and a real rock 'n roll band...

Nic
Member # 1990

posted August 03, 2002 06:39 AM
shut up dwagon!

U2 is a huge rock n'roll band. They are all worth seeing (well ok, maybe we don't care about Adam).

And at least, THEY always complete their shows with their full line-up...

Fans are never deceived. Both bands are good, but one has a professional singer, the other doesn't.

--------------------
Live Forever

Posts: 74 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | IP: Logged

gator
Member # 3183

Rate Member posted August 03, 2002 06:45 AM
NIC!! Thank you.You get the picture!!!

gator
Member # 3183

Rate Member posted August 03, 2002 06:50 AM
DWAGON!!! Lay off the drugs... I couldnt even tell you who is in Oais besides the 2 ( I mean 1 singer).

being profesional and what I saw tonight are two different THINGS. I saw u2 over 30 times last tour and not one night did any of them leave.

Bono , Adam, Larry , and Edge dont seelll oth their fans!!!!

Nic
Member # 1990

posted August 03, 2002 07:10 AM
Talking about U2, I've seen them twice last tour, in Montreal. I read after the first show that they had to remove 1 song from the setlist (ground beneath her feet) because Bono had problems with his voice (they played 21 songs instead of 22, big deal...).

HELL, I didn't even Notice for god's sake!!!! He still pulled it off!!! And he still did run around the stage and do his crazy dances and stuff, unlike Liam who's just too busy being pretty and catching up his breath.

That is what I call professionalism.

--------------------
Live Forever

Posts: 74 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | IP: Logged

gator
Member # 3183

Rate Member posted August 03, 2002 07:19 AM
Nic,

Thank you!!!! And it's just not a U2 thing. I think it has to do with being profesional and being true to your fans. What I saw tonight was total BS. The sad part is that there were people that didn't care.The english couldn't care less.The Americans sat down and knew they were ripped off. He should have sang until his voice just gave out.Figures he and beckham have something in common.

The Paper Boy
Member # 2284

Rate Member posted August 03, 2002 07:27 AM
DEAR GOD! i dont believe what i am hearing. first off id give my left nut to hear noel gallagher perform just 4 songs of an acoustic set! the man is absolutely brilliant!
secondly, liam is a ROCK N ROLL STAR!!!! period. their is no such thing as profesionalism in the definition of that title. he says it best " i can say what i wanna, feel how i wanna feel now!..." piss on profesionalism,
and lastly, if you want to see dancing on stage like bono, go to a broadway musical, but if what you want is "pants flapping in the fucking wind rock n roll" that needs no other sort of entertaining distraction, then you go and see an oasis show, jump up and down and sing your bloody ass off! whether it be liam singing roll with it, or noel doing dont look back in anger!

--------------------
o a s i s!

Posts: 10 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | IP: Logged

ada
Member # 2224

Member Rated:
posted August 03, 2002 07:29 AM
That's because the English go into the thing knowing what might happen...They also know who really makes the band. NOEL!!! And my god, you got to see him sing Wonderwall for the first time in 3 fookin' years, what luck!!! Have a think about that. I'm jealous as hell!! I do hate that you had a bad time, though. Sorry, mate.
Posts: 23 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2002 | IP: Logged

gator
Member # 3183

Rate Member posted August 03, 2002 07:35 AM
Ada,

I didn't have a bad time. It was an ok show . Noel did a good job with the songs he did. Not sure if he had a choice to avoid rioting. When i pay to see a show i expect the main members to actually be there. This did not happen. There were people sitting down all over the arena.

I am not sure about Liam being a rock n roll star. He is not exactly a house hold name. I actually wonder if he was pissed they were playing a 1,200 seat arena that wasn't sold out.

davemason2k
Member # 3188

Rate Member posted August 03, 2002 07:37 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Oasis fan but this band will never reach there potential with this attitude and lazyiness. I mean come on! Liam's one responsibility is to take care of his voice and he can't even do that. Overall Oasis is a lazy band. Cancel tours, takes 3 years to make an album... etc etc etc! no wonder they can't make it in the US. oh well

ada
Member # 2224

Member Rated:
posted August 03, 2002 07:43 AM
gator--
You could be right that they were pissed off. To be fair, they are used to playing to sold out shows in Europe. Not to mention the fact that the album didn't do as well as it should have here. I hope this isn't the case as that would mean Liam took out his frustrations on his true fans.

Things are going to get ugly as soon as that Adam comment gets around...

OK I had an extremely hard time trying to follow the discussion, because I had no idea what the **** happened. After some research, I found out what happened (Liam Gallagher busted his voice...again). Anyway from what I understand it's a case of professionalism and I think while it was perfectly alright for Liam to leave the stage and let his brother take over (his voice was shot anyway and if he had been up there some more he'd probably have ruined it for the rest of the tour). I remember this once happening at a Pearl Jam concert when Eddie Vedder fell ill after two or three songs and Neil Young took over. Neil received lots of boos but still played a very good set. The Oasis setlist that night looks great. As regards Bono, I think it's very big of him that he continues shows with his voice almost gone but well, it's worrying.

Finally, that comment regarding singers having to sing until their voice give out because it's 'professional' is ultimately the most selfish thing I've read in the whole discussion.

Well, if Bono's voice went out at least you have Edge to the tow the line. Frankly it is hard to tell the difference between Edge and Bono. So I dunno what that one guys comments "If Bono's voice went out you would have nothing" came from.

Bloody Hell!!!!!!

I was just about to walk out the door to go get my ticket to the Livid Festival (Oasis are headlining) and I just thought I would read one more thread!! Why did I choose this one!!:no:

Why am I not surprised?

Just when you think Oasis can't hit another low as far as the States are concerned, Liam loses his voice...it's just not going to happen for them here again.

And that comment about Adam...excuse me? Unlike Oasis, who are the Gallaghers and whoever else is backing them up at the time, U2 is a band of four guys who have been making music together, and have been close friends, for about 25 years now. And who looks as good in a pair of red camouflage pants AND handles those funky bass lines as our Sparky? NO ONE! :adam:

The sad thing is, I heard "Wonderwall" on Z100 yesterday. I was surprised to hear it on this top 40 teeny-bopper-centric station, and it still sounded good.

Back
Top Bottom