Liam Gallagher rips U2 and the Stones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
After all these years, this wanker still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/story.asp?j=202794820&p=zxz795635&n=202795706

Gallagher attacks Stones and U2

Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher has launched an unprovoked attack on rock legends The Rolling Stones and U2, slamming their songwriting and charity campaigning, respectively.

The Importance Of Being Idle hitmaker has blasted The Rolling Stones' discography as "crap", while insisting U2, are "not normal".

And he refuses to believe that any band comes close to matching Oasis' self-proclaimed musical mastery.

He boasts: "Oasis might not be the biggest band in the world, but we're the best.

"I respect the Stones but their songs are a pile of crap.

"As for U2, they don't say a lot or seem like normal persons."

Interviewers expect Liam to behave like a mouthy git. They know he's bound to say something that they can get a decent headline out of. Liam just gives them what they want :shrug:

One of my fav. Liam quotes is about how he's never said anything he's ever meant in the NME. He's just saying it to wind up all those lazy sods who should be out working for a living instead of getting a student grant to waste on music papers.

I think you could apply that to pretty much any interview Liam's ever done. He just enjoys winding people up, he doesn't necessarily mean what he says.

Well, he obviously didn't use to have a problem with swapping spit with abnormal persons :shrug:

What happened to Bono's and Liam's torrid love affair?

^Bono slept with Noel...it was all over after that:wink:

Oh wah, someone's saying something negative about U2! Didn't every person in the universe get the memo? If you have anything bad to say about U2, you're breaking THE most important commandment in life. Let's all call Liam Gallagher a wanker and go after him with torches and pitchforks!

:rolleyes:

everytime someone insults U2 baby Jesus cries :(

jesus.jpg

"As for U2, they don't say a lot or seem like normal persons."

Is that it? :shrug: Hardly worth getting worked up over...

As TheQuiet1 says, Liam is just a wind up merhcant, and if this thread is anything to go by it works a charm.
U2Man said:
This will cool everyone down:

passengers-bonoliam01.jpg
Awww... bless 'em.:cute: :laugh:

if i were liam i'd be embarrassed to have made such a silly remark; if you can't say something interestingly negative, don't say anything negative at all...
and he's got a nasty-looking tongue...maybe bono critiqued it and pissed him off (did I just violate my own advice?! the left side of that picture is pretty hot, though, I must say...)

plus, the least meaningful song on atyclb is better than anything oasis ever did in terms of 'saying something', honestly....

this is kinda fun, ripping at him just to do it...
the gravitas of all the tour postponement threads are getting me down...

cheers!

oh bless him i love liam he makes that band as does his brother still can't beat him calling Chris Martin a "Knobhead Student":yes: absolute genius.

ya i dont really see this as much of an insult.

now if I was a big stones fan, that's kind of an insult. the songs are "crap".

In the end, it's Liam, and you gotta love him. Oasis make some pretty kick ass music from time to time as well.

Gotta promote the new album.

If only their music would be half as good as the amount of the badmouting others.

Canadiens1160 said:
KILL IT WITH FIRE

:sad:

rinse, repeat until 90 per cent of post 2000 u2 is forever erased from everyone's minds.

though i have a feeling with songs like vertigo, elevation and walk on, not even fire will burn those travesties out of my mind.

It's just Liam being Liam, talking stupid for the sake of talking stupid. Every couple of months, he has to shoot his mouth off.

That said, the last Oasis album was brilliant and far, far better than "X&Y."

And he's right...U2 isn't "normal." They're extraordinary!!!

Back
Top Bottom