Liam Gallagher Is At It Again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I know-who cares what he says.But wasn't he just all 'lovey dovey' w/ Bono recently? And I don't mean THAT pic.
biggrin.gif

He just mouths off to get publicity-the real reason I posted this is I love the last quote, about the Beatles.

*waits for Liam to respond here*
biggrin.gif

Oasis' Liam: We're Better Than U2 Now
Sunday Mirror, April 21, 2002

Paul Davis

Oasis bad boy Liam Gallagher has taken a swipe at rivals U2, blasting "We're still more important than them."

The star was speaking after his band sold-out 80,000 tickets for their concert spectacular in London in just ONE hour. He said: "These are the fastest selling gigs we have done.

"We are going to f***ing have it at those gigs, because the kids deserve it, for still being with us. In 10 year's time, we'll still be rocking and putting on shows. That's what counts. We are still more important than U2 or R.E.M."

But one of Gallagher's old friends, Stephen Murray who used to party with Oasis for many years, said: "It's a shame Liam is saying this. How can he be so disrespectful to U2? Liam's mouth seems to get bigger when he has got a record coming out. Let's face it Bono must be laughing to himself. After all is said and done U2 are known all over the world. Bono is a music giant, but Oasis? They will always be known as the group who ripped off the Beatles' songs."

Well, of course they sold out in London. The British cling to Oasis like there is no tommorow. They still haven't gotten over the Beatles breaking up.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

ok lets just say this. "wonderwall" "champagne super nova" next???????? i couldnt tell ya. those are all i know. they havent done anything of significance in years. im sure bono is laughing his ass off, but like a lot of people on this sight, that remark pisses me off. besides the beatles, U2 are, in my humble opinion, the most important rock band in history. besides all the albums and historic tours, they have done a lot with charities and world causes. what has oasis done? make fools of themselves, yes they have done that. time and time again.

I agree, daisy...over here in the states it's like 'Oasis WHO??'

oh, by the way...here's an quote that really tells it like it is:

When looking back 30 years from now, how will U2 be seen both in a musical and spiritual context? What is their legacy going to be?

I think when you look back at U2, it will be for more than their rock music. I think Woody Guthrie said, "Music has to be more than good. It has to be good for something."

I think modern music is sometimes rubbish. Sheryl Crow's new album is very good, but it is not good for anything. It is not saying anything. It's shallow.

When people look back at U2 they will have to say, at this period of rock music, they are the band that contributed the most socially, spiritually, and politically. They will be remembered as more than just a rock band, but as a rock band that was good for something.

AMEN.

put THAT in your wall to wonder about, Liam.

(from Christianity Today http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2002/114/52.0.html)

Originally posted by daisybean:
Silly Liam...

Let him have his delusions

Wouldn't believe everything you read, I read the actual article and still don't believe it, if he did say it I am sure he was takin the piss, every time I've actually seen him talkin with regards U2 he always declares them miles better than Oasis and the 2 bands are good mates, so I wouldn't take much notice

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
silly little twit

My thoughts exactly B's American Wife...LOL
and I like Oasis (most of the time)
wink.gif

I think Liam is just taking the piss....ya know...

[This message has been edited by browneyedgirl (edited 04-22-2002).]

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
I think Liam is just taking the piss....ya know...
but even Liam himself must be getting pretty fed up with that by now

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

This kind of pretentious and arrogant wannabe stuff is exactly what's wrong with Oasis.

I think that ranks in his Top 3 "statements", along with "we're the best band in the world" or "we're better than the Beatles".

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

*waits for Liam to respond here*
biggrin.gif

Oasis' Liam: We're Better Than U2 Now
Sunday Mirror, April 21, 2002

Paul Davis

Oasis bad boy Liam Gallagher has taken a swipe at rivals U2, blasting "We're still more important than them."

What you fookin' failed to realize was that the quote referred to the world of celebrity pro miniature fookin' golf, d'ya know what I mean? An' Bono's shite on the putt-putt scene compared to me, Noel, and especially Gem, d'you know what I mean? Now, Larry's got a mean stroke.

Arrogance and ignorance. It really is a shame about Liam talking like that since Noel writes most of the tunes... Did I mention that Liam can't sing in tune?

I love how Liam acts selfish and childish all the time. He must be taking lessons from his young child, Lennon. I'm waiting for the day that Liam does something that is not beatles-esque.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Originally posted by U2girl:
This kind of pretentious and arrogant wannabe stuff is exactly what's wrong with Oasis

..every band/performer has this arrogance at whatever degree... some lock it up in modesty, others sing it to the world..you need a mixture of both to keep the music world interesting..Liam has plenty of respect for U2..he was blown away by the Earls Court 18th show and acknowledged them as the current band that would be sending Oasis back to the drawing board..there is a mutual respect between them both

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
there is a mutual respect between them both
there is!
so why result to childish stuff like this?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Lazy wrote:

Wouldn't believe everything you read, I read the actual article and still don't believe it

especially when the words Sunday Mirror come hand in hand

Originally posted by madonna's child:
Well, of course they sold out in London. The British cling to Oasis like there is no tommorow. They still haven't gotten over the Beatles breaking up.

You talk some shit.

Oh.. sounds interesting. Especially since Liam once said something like "Standing on the soulder of giants" were not only The Beatles but also U2 etc. And after seing a concert on Elevation Tour he said "we have a long way to go..." or something.

Of course he says "We?re better, more important..." now when they are about to release a new album. That?s his attitude. But I really don?t think he believes in it himself.

But it would be interesting to here from Little-Liam exactly WHAT makes them so important? Being a beatles-wannabee doens?t make you important. The only big thing Oasis ever done is being opening act for U2, and kissing Bono (Liam)...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Blue Saint (edited 04-23-2002).]

Noel had a pretty funny quote in Rolling Stone. It ran something like 'I wrote the best ****ing album and I wrote the best ****ing album ever and we're the best ****ing band ever and as far as I'm concerned the rest of those wankers are not in a position to string my guitar at the moment'. True or not I laughed at that one for days.

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:

You talk some shit.

Don't get me wrong, I love the British! I want to live there! But it's true. Oasis is huge over there, they are not huge here. (the United States.) It's just like U2 in Ireland. U2 would sell out a concert in Dublin just as fast as Oasis did in London. But neither U2 or Oasis would sell out a concert that fast in ...say... Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Back
Top Bottom