Liam from Oasis slagging off U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:

So how about let the music do the talking and stop bad-mouthing other bands any time you've got a new album out?

Many UK bands do that.

The young bucks are headbutting the silverback. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Seriously. Isn't this actually great words when it comes from Liam? I watched an interview of Liam on norwegian tv (about the new album), and he said something like: "We don't want to be like U2, we want to be as big as U2".

Oasis are an excellent band and do not deserve the shite they are getting here:( Although i did see them live about 2 yrs ago and i was'nt too impressed)
Every album they release has about 5 crap songs,3/4 good songs and 3 classics:drool: What they need to do is put all the 'monster tracks on one superb album....that would be:drool: :drool: :drool:

beli said:

The young bucks are headbutting the silverback. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Used to be - overhyped - young bucks in 1995. I don't see any headbutts myself.

ANOTHER "How dare Liam knock U2" thread?!?!?

I'm listening to their new album right now. And I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again--I can forgive Liam anything and everything now, because this album is magnificent.

ElectricalVoice said:
Seriously. Isn't this actually great words when it comes from Liam? I watched an interview of Liam on norwegian tv (about the new album), and he said something like: "We don't want to be like U2, we want to be as big as U2".

i saw that too,and he also said that sometimes he's sick of how good they are (u2) and concluded: "it must be all that praying....we should be more religious."

i thought that was so funny :giggle:

XHendrix24 said:

Have you heard Champagne Supernova? :mad:

Ah, this bollocks is frustrating me. I'm going to bed.

oh sorry i forgot.. i am supposed to love oasis! so sorry how stupid of me i forgot. Yes i LOVE oasis they are the best band in the world. I hope god will forgive me for even thinking that i hate them. I must go now and listen to their amazing songs for the whole day! Oasis are the gods!

dabiggestu2fan said:

oh sorry i forgot.. i am supposed to love oasis! so sorry how stupid of me i forgot. Yes i LOVE oasis they are the best band in the world. I hope god will forgive me for even thinking that i hate them. I must go now and listen to their amazing songs for the whole day! Oasis are the gods!

:eyebrow:

Just because they don't like U2 doesn't make them a bad band. And since it seems like that's all you're basing your opinion of Oasis on, I'd suggest you actually give the music a listen with an open mind instead of hating them simply because Liam insulted U2 (OH CHRIST, LIAM INSULTED SOMEONE?!? CALL THE NATIONAL GUARD!!!). That's all.

dabiggestu2fan said:

Damn you're good..

This is seriously one of the funniest interviews I've ever read.

I keep imagining David Brent from BBC's The Office saying some of these lines....

"Been there, f... that."

"It wasn't the songs, it was the studio. It was rubbish."

I'm the most f...ing chilled out one in the studio."

"He's always slagging me off in the press. That's him. His interviews are boring, he has to talk about me, has to bring me into it. Liam this, Liam that."

:lol: :laugh:

I dont have to like oasis you can't force me to like them. And BTW ive hated oasis right from the very begenning not because they dissed U2. I am sure there are other bands that i like that they don't like u2 and they could say so and it wouldn't bother me (i just wouldn't agree with them). As for oasis the fact that they dissed U2 has no basis whatsoever on why i hate oasis. I've always hated them, i think they are absolute crap and i hate Noel and Liam there i said it. What now you all are ganna start crying cos i don't like a certain band?? Gee just because some people don't lke the band you like doesn't mean we are intitled to our opinion. Well i could careless what they think of U2 all i know is that i hate oasis always have and always will regardless weather or noth they think U2 is crap or not.

SO there hate me if you want but if you hate me cos i said that i hate oasis then thats your problem and not mine.

Nope, not gonna start crying over the fact that you don't like Oasis. Just not gonna take your musical taste opinions seriously. Of the popular bands out there, my three favourite are U2, Oasis, and Radiohead. I have all of each of their albums. And in the case of being stranded on a desert island, I would have one album of each band. So you making fun of Oasis, to me, is the same as me making fun of U2, to you. Of course, I would never do that. In fact, I pretty much tend to not make fun of any band, because all bands have some merit.

lazarus said:
Oasis need to fade back to irrelevancy again. They're a fucking quiz show answer, not the saviors of rock and roll they claimed to be.

it's true...there's actually a question about them in trivial pursuit...90's edition, i think. :wink:

the tourist said:
Nope, not gonna start crying over the fact that you don't like Oasis. Just not gonna take your musical taste opinions seriously. Of the popular bands out there, my three favourite are U2, Oasis, and Radiohead. I have all of each of their albums. And in the case of being stranded on a desert island, I would have one album of each band. So you making fun of Oasis, to me, is the same as me making fun of U2, to you. Of course, I would never do that. In fact, I pretty much tend to not make fun of any band, because all bands have some merit.

I never made fun of oasis. I am just pissed that there are people like jack who seem to think that i am shit cos i don't like oasis. I am just stating my opinion just like everyone else here. I respect your opinion just as i hope you respect mine and my opinion is that i don' like oasis simple as that. And nope its not cos they dissed u2 as some seem to believe!

I was actually thinking about the fact Liam Gllagher hadn't dissed U2 a few days ago. I can't believe people are taking him seriously and that thing he said about bono looking like a fanny is hilarious. Their new album is overated though, and as for people saying they would rather listen to ANY Oasis album than listen to ATYCLB, I have one word, Masterplan :wink:

mickeza said:
as for people saying they would rather listen to ANY Oasis album than listen to ATYCLB, I have one word, Masterplan :wink:

Oh, I have The Masterplan and enjoy more of the songs off of it than I enjoy the songs off of All That You Can't Leave Behind. (Acquiesce, Underneath The Sky, Listen Up, Rockin Chair, Stay Young, Headshrinker, and The Masterplan....)

mickeza said:
Their new album is overated though

I kind of agree...I love Oasis and I think their new album is very strong, particularly compared to the last couple albums, which were also good but not as good as this new release.

Still, it's not the greatest thing ever as some people are saying it is. After hearing the leaks, I'm looking forward to the Coldplay record more.

hmmm...

This is all mildly interesting, but compared to the teapot tempests I've seen on some other boards (and which caused me to avoid those boards), this is pretty tame for a riot.

But mildly entertaining, nevertheless. I think I'll make popcorn.

U2girl said:

So how about let the music do the talking and stop bad-mouthing other bands any time you've got a new album out?

Many UK bands do that.

Yeah, but the great thing about all this is when Oasis or mostly Liam does the bad-mouthing we get some great quotes!

And great quotes they are! I bet some of you all up in arms (not you U2girl cuz you're ace ;) ) are waiting for the moderators to close threads and ban Liam. Much gnashing of teeth there must be b/c Liam be making fun of U2 and the mods can't do anything about it! He is the greatest troll that ever lived! His trolling is amazing! Liam, I mean.

Last edited:
guess what pretty much nobody outside the UK gives a shit about Oasis so who cares...let him be the stiff ass he is, maybe for once he should let the music do the talking instead of his "playground" talk reminds me of an elementry kid that likes to try and bully others around.

And can this guy complete a coherent sentence without cursing?

Makes him seem real intelligent when every other sentence contains the f-word.

phanan said:

Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants vs. All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Hmmm...

Sorry, can't go along with you on that one.

Well, that one is only if you count "Let's All Make Believe." If it's counted, I actually like Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants better.

Back
Top Bottom