Levitate: Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
I know that some believe that this song spawned Miracle Drug - the freedom/scent line and some of the guitar - but I'll be damned if this song couldn't have been an amazing first song on ATYCLB. It would've served so well as a bridget between Pop and ATYCLB. Additionally, it would've kicked Elevation's ass as an opener.
Yes, the second verse lyrically needs work, and sometimes the music doesn't quiet gel, but this could've been a real gem.
Just imagine Bono singing to the crowd, "Who could stop us now." And the line "I want a love that's hard, that's hard as ache" is fantastic.

I thought it was "that's hard as hate."

I agree, the best of the Itunes outtakes IMO. Love the soaring voice and Larry's drumming, and great guitar chorus melody.

one line surfaced in 'Miracle Drug', I don't hear any guitar similarites. :huh: Please enlighten me, I'm interested.

If this song, Stateless and The Ground Beneath Her Feet were on ATYCLB, I'd have a way different opinion on this album

I mean, it could've been this

Levitate
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Walk On
Stuck in a Moment...
Kite
In a Little While
When I Look at the World
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
New York
Stateless
Grace

:drool: :drool: :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
If this song, Stateless and The Ground Beneath Her Feet were on ATYCLB, I'd have a way different opinion on this album

I mean, it could've been this

Levitate
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Walk On
Stuck in a Moment...
Kite
In a Little While
When I Look at the World
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
New York
Stateless
Grace

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Amen to that! :)

I'd put Levitate near the end of the album, possibly between Stateless and Grace...would make a good final two tracks to finish with!!

Back
Top Bottom