Let's Wager Some Money / First single release speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Rose...I lost a few good stations on the Sirius end too(Boombox,etc.)...lol
I'm really hoping Sirius/XM starts a U2 channel....(I'm sure they will)....there is a rumour that U2 will be appearing on one of the Sirius/XM stations in the near future...so we'll see.

:lol: Now I don't feel so bad. I think Sirius/XM didn't realize the loyalty some of their stations held. I'm not sure what Boombox played, but Ethel was awesome and played a lot of not common U2 tracks, (i.e. Salome, Lady with the Spinning Head, Fast Cars) and a decent amount of Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder. Since the change I've heard ABOY about 20 times, today for the first time BD and absolutely no PJ. I even sent them a nasty email the other day complaining about their new playlist :lol:.

Can you tell I'm bitter about losing Ethel? :angry:

I'm pretty sure they will feature a U2 station, I mean Coldplay even got it's own station for 30 days . :|

:lol: Now I don't feel so bad. I think Sirius/XM didn't realize the loyalty some of their stations held. I'm not sure what Boombox played, but Ethel was awesome and played a lot of not common U2 tracks, (i.e. Salome, Lady with the Spinning Head, Fast Cars) and a decent amount of Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder. Since the change I've heard ABOY about 20 times, today for the first time BD and absolutely no PJ. I even sent them a nasty email the other day complaining about their new playlist :lol:.

I'm pretty sure they will feature a U2 station, I mean Coldplay even got it's own station for 30 days . :|

What's you name over at the Message Pit? Which closes down tomorrow....:sad:

This morning when I was listening to Alt Nation (the sad Sirius replacement to XM's Ethel) the DJ played Beautiful Day and when the song was over he said something like "Okay, here is the timeline, we should be playing the new U2 single within the week", the tone struck me as if they had been getting inquiries about it and was just trying to stop people from asking any more about it.

I heard that too. I'm a loyal SIRIUS listener. Never heard "Ethel" (funny name) but Alt Nation is just okay for me. I usually listen to Lithium 21, Octane, and some of the other harder stuff.

Hey Rose...I lost a few good stations on the Sirius end too(Boombox,etc.)...lol
I'm really hoping Sirius/XM starts a U2 channel....(I'm sure they will)....there is a rumour that U2 will be appearing on one of the Sirius/XM stations in the near future...so we'll see.

I heard rumors that the SIRIUS camp would definitely be in talks with the U2 camp as soon as the new album came out to either have them host a channel for a week like Coldplay and REM did or to debut a U2 channel all by themselves. Not sure if I heard it on the radio or on the internet, but its being discussed/planned. To be honest...nothing against Coldplay and REM, but U2 must have their own channel...they deserve it and I'd be hooked. They have so much material and so many recorded live shows that it would be rather easy to fill an entire channel for days at a time without repeating anything.

prior to the radio release, I seem to remember U2 releasing studio quality mini 10second audio clips for Vertigo.

I can see it without problems. It is the promo for first play of new U2 single on RTE 2FM in Ireland.

monday morning :rockon: (as we already knew)

Got this today from a DJ I emailed on KGSR, here in Austin:

Well hello there and yes i'll answer to the best of my knowledge, Jody said as
soon as we "get-it" we'll play it. Now if it's sent to us via the internet as a
mp3...(my guess) we'll problay "get-it" around noon....if it's a cd thru the
snail mail..probaly around 2p...

That's my best guess on the time window....you can always call us 390-KGSR...and
one of us will know when it will be played.
fyi,bry

and thanks for listening!!

you and me both sistah! I am majorly bitter about this merge too. Am a XM fan and both the hubby and me are pissed at the shitty selection and murdering of some stations we loved.. Ethel was one of them!:sad:

I heard that too. I'm a loyal SIRIUS listener. Never heard "Ethel" (funny name) but Alt Nation is just okay for me. I usually listen to Lithium 21, Octane, and some of the other harder stuff.

I heard rumors that the SIRIUS camp would definitely be in talks with the U2 camp as soon as the new album came out to either have them host a channel for a week like Coldplay and REM did or to debut a U2 channel all by themselves. Not sure if I heard it on the radio or on the internet, but its being discussed/planned. To be honest...nothing against Coldplay and REM, but U2 must have their own channel...they deserve it and I'd be hooked. They have so much material and so many recorded live shows that it would be rather easy to fill an entire channel for days at a time without repeating anything.

i agree with you on the U2 channel I think they should and could totally do it. I sure hope this happens.

Back
Top Bottom