Lets show these TRL kids what real music is!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
I have an idea regarding getting the younger MTV crowd into U2. U2 has put on this huge media blitz but you wouldn't know it if you watch MTV(US). The video is on mega-lite rotation. It kind of pisses me off that MTV doesn't "pay respect" to the best band ITW, all the comercials about spankin new music & the leak and no mention of U2!
So here's the plan:
Let's make them! Lets bombard TRL with votes for vertigo and make it no.1 all next week! We're 20,000 strong so if just 1/4 vote, that should do it.No?
So, lets show these kiddies what real music sounds like !
CHAAAARGE!!

http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/vote/?pollstat=i

Last edited:
Time to get that bland american music off MTV and put some real music on there going to go vote at least 10 times

Yahweh said:
Time to get that bland american music off MTV and put some real music on there going to go vote at least 10 times

Amen! Enough of blink182, good charlotte, brittney,and nelly! The only reason I ever watch MTV now is for some of the shows, not for music!
Voted 12 more times!

Sucks that people won't look at this post and so won't vote cause they think I'm an ass because of a post I made regarding my thoughts about downloading the album. I went about it in the wrong way and was out of line. Its too bad that I got off on the wrong foot with this forum. Sorry. Vote anyways

Headache in a Suitcase said:
we've tried this before... if you think TRL actually allows people to vote for what gets played, you're highly mistaken... that's almost as funny as pretending that major market radio stations take requests.

I wasn't aware that this had been tried before. Stupid me for thinking that votes count. Forgot this is the US

I think the TRL crowd is all about their generation who doesn't write, play, or even sing their own songs. As long as it's a halfway attractive person, and they have 1/10 of singing talent, the $ hungry record companies will give them the job. It's too bad the real talents still have to dream about putting food on the table. Shame on the teen-targeting music industry. So phoney, so Hollywood.

I've already bombarded UK TRL. I vote for them as many times as I can everyday, and they're moving up the chart already!

I voted.

I'm reluctant to knock ALL trl artists...some of them are at least halfway decent. Blink182 and Nelly have had a few good sngles.

What strange alternate universe do you inhabit?

An alternate universe where one of the world's most respected musicians has good things to say about both "Boyzone" and "Jay-Z".

Oh wait.....;)

i won't vote. U2's video on TRL would be an equivalent of putting hot fudge on a cheeseburger.

Back
Top Bottom