Lets Name the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dragon woul be kind of cool.

New album should be called......."Dozer". Named after Bulldozer.:wink:

no offense, but dragon would be kinda lame and heavy-metal-ish, y'know, a little corny.

I hope none of the rumourd names are true, although i doubt they were as Bono appearently no idea what to call it.

some of the rumoured names were: Solar, Open Arms, Hanover Quay (or just Hanover), and Winter.

Out of those, i'd have to choose Solar, thats a cool name, but it was a fake, ugh!! lol! ;-) The other titles are just brutal, to say the least, lol!

I think they should name it Full Metal Jacket, as that name was scrapped in place of the title 'Native Son' for what i think will be the first single. I think FMJ would work due to it conveying metal, sorta rough and tough and elemental, and it also has political connotations which is often right up U2's Alley.

Either that or name it after a track like, All Because of You, or Origin of the Species!

Anyway, it's gonna rock!!!! It'll be great and i'm really excited. Everyone who has reported to have heard even a snippet of the new stuff sounds very excited and positive and the descriptions i've read have made me salivate just imagining it!!!!

U2 Let's Rock November!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO

I'm still rooting for "Tough". As I said in a previous thread on this topic, these a four grown up men who have managed to survive and flourish in a very tough business. I could live with that as a title. I don't believe, however, that any of us will guess it before the title is offically released. Would any one in a million years have guessed ATYCLB?

Cutting Down All That You Can't Leave Behind

"its about time" is the name of the new van halen song, which rocks.

since steve lillywhite is on as producer or one of the producers, maybe something similar to the titles of the albums he has done w/ the band; boy , october, and war.

Muggsy said:
I don't like "Open arms"... it sounds like "we are the children" and stuff like that... nah...

Yeah, I don't like it either. Too Creed-y. I don't hate Creed like some people do on here, but I can imagine if U2 did call it Open Arms, all I'd hear for a year or two is "That title is soooo Creed!"

how bout simply "time"

ive been tryin for a while to come up with a decent title and this is all i got

its been such a huge topic, how long this album has taken and the time that has been given to so many projects. if edge is pissed that bono has spent so much "time" with dodgey politicians. then you have the coincidence that this album is coming out during an election year. if this album has some political fire to it, the timing for its release should be just perfect for US elections.

my final point for now- how bono says there is no time to sit on our hands and watch the entire continent of africa die from disease when changes can be made know. bono made the best of his time

it fits into the comment made about lillywhite album titles, larry would like it cus its short and catchy, and i think it opens up for alot of time related symbols that they love to throw on shirts and posters. i can see on a program a simple graphic of a little guy running with a suitcase and trails behind, sorta referencing the last tour...sorry...too caught up in this:wink:

Last edited:
I had one but forgot it while replying:eyebrow:
(the mind is a wonderful thing :hmm: )

fast improvisations:
Divine Dream
Chrome Salvation

further I like the "Solar" and the most..
After reading it a while it really sounds
solid and it's a short and strong title...

Joy to all

Last edited:
Most bands do an eponymous album at some point. Maybe it should just be called U2.

broccoli cake....hahahahahahha

I can see the promo now, "U2 with there long awaited follow up album to ATYCLB, Broccoli Cake."

A better known band here in Belgium has also taken their time to release new work. The band's name is Soulwax, maybe some of you know them or under their dj-ing name (the fucking Dewaele Brothers or too many dj's).

Anyway they called their new single "Any minute now" because it's been almost 5 years since they had the album out.

In analogy u2 could come up with 'any time now' or sumfin alike :wink:

Hanover or Hanover Quay would be a cool name

Solar is ok

another title track song like All Because of You (what a great title!) or Origin of the Species

Full Metal Jacket is so-so, but i hope they dont call the album this

I think "Always" is a cool name, even though it's the name of a song

"Winter" is also a good name, no matter what the critics say

howabout "Superman Mongo Pie Deluxe"

How about "Contumacious Poontangy Shitheaded Anus Fuck Arse"?

Or "Cheese Fart Penis"?

Or "My Asshole is A' Burnin' Cause I Ate Mexican Last Night"?

Back
Top Bottom