Let's hear it for Mofo...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
I can't think of another song that sounds like this and can still make me want to cry. :up:

It took a while for the lyrics to really sink in; at first I couldn't get past "looking for the baby Jesus under the trash" (which is still a great line).
Then one day, that heart-breaking guitar scream really got to me, and I got hit with:

Mother... am I still your son
You know I've waited for so long to hear you say so
Mother... you left and made me someone
Now I'm still a child, no one tells me no

:(
:rockon:
:up:

Yes Alisaura those lines are very powerful, very poignant, the song seems quite superficial on its surface, but that moment proves the depth of feeling, torment and emotion thats involved.

Anyway great song, they almost played it on Vertigo, I wish they had, I hope it doesn't become another lost Pop song. :)

I love the sound Edge's guitar makes when he plays the muffled strings during the verses.

Mofo is one of U2's best songs.

"Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world" is inscribed on the back of my iPod :)

Pretty darn great. Even better live.

Bono coming out like light heavyweight champion of the world :heart:

I think it was/is probably part of the best concert openers U2 has ever done. Pop Muzik/Mofo still gets me fired up when I hear it like I'm back at a show on the Popmart tour again.

MOOOOFOOOOOOO
MOOOOOFOOOOOO

"edge's guitar screaming wild"

A great album version but live 10x better really.

Especially the POP Muzik intro going over into Mofo is fantastic!

It's one of my favorites off of Pop--hard-hitting musically, but also with very powerful lyrics.

Lookin' for to fill that God-shaped hole :heart:

Should have been the lead single off the album, would have been a real curve ball for the critics.

LOVE LOVE LOVE MOFO!!!!!!! One of my Top 5 U2 songs of all time. The "Lookin' for to fill that God-shaped hole" lyric may be, in my humble opinion, Bono's best ever. Gave me chills first time I heard it. Still does.

Mofo shares the title of "My Favorite U2 Song" along with Lemon.
I get a rush every time I hear it. Just the other day I heard it outside of a bar and I saw people grooving to it who would die if they knew it was U2.

:heart:

It's one of my fave songs too, and :grumpy: I still can NOT believe that that perfectly awesome bassline is a synthesizer...

:drool: I so wish they'd have played it in Toronto.... heck I'd even pay to get a boot of them playing it now!

Such a great song. Last night I put in on in my friends car. He got a brand new blow your brains out sub-woofer in his car and I wanted to test it out. So what better U2 song than Mofo. So we cranked up the volume to 11, turned that bass up, and I think it's the closest I've gotten to a concert experience.
All I can say is, :drool: :faint: :combust: I think I almost cried.

jinn77 said:
Should have been the lead single off the album, would have been a real curve ball for the critics.

Damn right,it should have been the 1st single, would have blwn people away just like The Fly did.
Great great song, great lyrics, possibly Bono's best, John Lennon would be proud of those lyrics, the theme of the song would have been very close to John's heart. The music is amazing, best intro to a U2 song ever.
:drool: :drool:

MOFO is U2 rocking the outaspace :up::up::up: MOFO still in my Top 5 ....MOOOOFOOOOO :rockon:

An Cat Gav wrote: Damn right,it should have been the 1st single, would have blown people away just like The Fly did.
i mofofully agree :)

AtomicBono said:
Mofo is one of U2's best songs.

"Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world" is inscribed on the back of my iPod :)

That whole set of lines:

Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world.
Lookin' for the father of my two little girls.
Got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade.
Still lookin' for the face I had before the world was made.

:love:

I :heart: Mofo...

The Phunk Phorce Mix owns btw, one of the best re-mixes of any U2 song IMO.

The only thing I think they could have improved upon would be not editing out the swearing, it would have been so much better to actually hear Bono sing "Mother Fucking Rock and Roll" :drool:

elevated_u2_fan said:

That whole set of lines:

Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world.
Lookin' for the father of my two little girls.
Got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade.
Still lookin' for the face I had before the world was made.

:love:

I :heart: Mofo...

The Phunk Phorce Mix owns btw, one of the best re-mixes of any U2 song IMO.

The only thing I think they could have improved upon would be not editing out the swearing, it would have been so much better to actually hear Bono sing "Mother Fucking Rock and Roll" :drool:

Agreed, the only thing even remotely lame about Mofo is the "mother sucking rock n..." line,should have gone for the fucking.

Back
Top Bottom