Let's hear it for Elevation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

:hmm:

I have recently started thinking the same thing... that ATYCLB sounds a lot more natural than HTDAAB which is probably the only album of theirs that sounds too calculated. But other times I'm like.. at least HTDAAB rocks more! Yeah, I don't know.

Anyway... as for Elevation, I really like the Slane and Vertigo versions and the album version too, to an extent. The Tomb Raider mix music video absolutely sucked, though! Probably one of U2's worst moments.

The Slane and Vertigo versions do rock :rockon:

I laugh at the Tomb Raider vid because of how crappy it is and Edge running around w/ Lara Croft. Ehhh...I'm happy they don't make many videos like that.

STAR, YOU LOOK LIKE A CIGAR, STRING OUT LIKE A GUTAR MAYBE YOU CAND EDUCATE MY MIND with what U2 albums I should buy first cause I have none! :reject: I'm skint alright!

But I have loads of songs downloded!:wink:

Great song!:up:

Elevation, is a perfect example of U2 just rocking and playing music for fun. Sure it's great when a song has great lyrics, but sometimes it's great to have the fun songs like Vertigo/Elevation

Sure, Elevation is a fun, sexy, “throwaway” rocker and that’s what U2 is generally not about. However, it’s U2 letting loose a little and revealing an erotic side of themselves. A bit of U2 music shaking its hips! U2 has never intended to compete with a Bon Jovi or a Aerosmith but that doesn’t mean that they can’t head down to the local bar, check out the action, and enjoy themselves for a night out.

U2: CHERRY TREE (Be Good To Me)
[with special guest appearance by Gavin Friday and Maurice Seezer]

1. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
2. Holy Joe (Garage Version)
3. Salome
4. Billy Boola
5. Discotheque (Single Version)
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Lady With A Spinning Head (Extended Version)
8. Vertigo
9. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (Russian anthem edited out)
10. Even Better Than The Real Thing
11. Elevation (Tomb Raider Version)
12. Do You Feel Loved

Yeah I prefer the remix of Elevation too and I think the video is sooo funny! I love watching it. I also love the two dance remixes of it, great song to dance to! !:dancing: :dancing: This song always puts a smile on my face!!:D

I love this song. The lyrics are nothing to cry, "Genius!" over...but you don't need to have awe-inspiring lyrics to have a great song. :dance:

This song is so amazing LIVE i can't get over it... You just feel the energy pulsating through everyone!

It is a great song...so much fun to jam to!!!:rockon:

Sometimes I hate this song.

Sometimes I like this song.

Oh well.

In honor of the thread here is my mix of Elevation. 2/3 Influx, 1/3 Single. The SAS Mix. It's the best studio version of Elevation.

http://s65.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3AP1DWUP5I2QB3VR4KN5TB906D

And here's my Chicago/Boston Mash-Up Mix. The Chicago intro leading into the entire Boston performance. Pretty sweet.

http://s65.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=122C3MYMGIHY12FEX6QNDY0GET

MrBrau1 said:
Sometimes I hate this song.

Sometimes I like this song.

Oh well.

In honor of the thread here is my mix of Elevation. 2/3 Influx, 1/3 Single. The SAS Mix. It's the best studio version of Elevation.

Just out of curiosity, what does SAS stand for?

Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) for the win. The album track should have been that good.

This song is fucking awesome. Extremely catchy and great to sing along to. No matter what some pompous asshats might try to tell you.

Tomb Raider Mix. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom