Let's go Native!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Love Theme from let's go native...one of my faves from the passengers project.

Really feel good tune, very achtung baby....

I was reading the little blurb in the OS1 booklet about the film, Let's go Native and it sounds like a pretty interesting film.
Anyone seen it, or know how to get a copy of it? I'd love to see it.

Nevertheless, the song for the film is a U2(although not technically u2) classic instrumental, and is a song for all occasions.

Edge excels....

An amazing little tune...

Yeah, definitely a 'fun' song for the Passengers CD. I dig it also. It was one of my original favs when the Passengers album first came out.

intedomine said:
Love Theme from let's go native...one of my faves from the passengers project.

Really feel good tune, very achtung baby....

I was reading the little blurb in the OS1 booklet about the film, Let's go Native and it sounds like a pretty interesting film.
Anyone seen it, or know how to get a copy of it? I'd love to see it.

Nevertheless, the song for the film is a U2(although not technically u2) classic instrumental, and is a song for all occasions.

Edge excels....

An amazing little tune...

I thought they were fictional movies??

Re: Re: Let's go Native!

Chewbacca said:

I thought they were fictional movies??
That was always my understanding...

Love the song too. Actually, the entire album has grown on me recently.

They were all fictional movies except for the Miss Sarajevo documentary, the Wim Wenders movie (Beyond the Clouds I believe it is called) and Ghost in the Shell (classic anime).

Some of the descriptions of the fake movies are hilarious.

Blimey, are they really fake?

Crikey I thought they were auctioned off for films crikey i'm a fool....

Mind you theyre filthy good ideas for films.....id love to MAKE lets go native.....

Very Gullible indeed.....

Yeah, Passengers was meant to be a concept album of songs from ficitional films. I love some of the music on the Passengers record, I love Slug (I love Bono's voice) and Your Blue Room is beautiful (again, Bono's voice is stunning).

bsp77 said:
the Wim Wenders movie (Beyond the Clouds I believe it is called)

Beyond the Clouds it's from Michelangelo Antonioni (but i think Wim is credited also).

Talking about the passengers, what about "Corpse (these chains are way too long)"? I love that one!!!

Hands down, Slug is the best song on the album. Beach Sequence is also a FANTASTIC instrumental, I really feel like I'm at the beach! You guys have to listen to these two songs, they are brilliant.

Totally agree on the greatness of Slug & Beach Sequence!

Also I completely agree on Let's Go Native having an AB vibe!

How about:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Let's Go Native
Salome
Lady With A Spinning Head
Mysterious Ways
Even Better Than......

The Fly character on the prowl - out hitting the clubs and bars of Nighttown!?

I hate to say it, but during the past year I've listened to The Passengers album way more than any other "U2" album. I really love all of it, (but it did take a while to warm to some of the tracks.) It gets so little recognition. And yes, some of the "film" descriptions are hilarious--remember "Pi Hoo Sun as the evil Tong leader" in Always Forever Now"? I always laugh when I read that, trying to picture P. Hewson in that role. It would be quite a stretch!

Hi Biff - Great to hear of your love for Passengers. Do you have the extra 2 songs from the Miss Sarajevo single? I have thought of taking some tracks from Passengers (the ones which seem like a continuation of and a completion of their exploration begun on Zooropa) and adding them to Zooropa. At the other end - I also think some of the MDH songs could go well together with some Passenger songs. Do you think that Neon Lights could have a place on Passengers?

Hi U2 Soar! Yes, I do have the Miss Sarajevo single with the two extra songs. I like the sound of your proposed project. I can hear it flowing together beautifully, along with some songs from another favourite of mine, MDH (Never Let..., The Ground Beneath..., a couple of instrumentals). As to Neon Lights, I have only managed to hear the short clip that was posted at U2log. I couldn't get the full song to play for me. What I heard has a dreamy quality to it, and a shimmer, like some of the Passengers songs.

Hi Biff - I hope you get a chance to hear the full version of Neon Lights. How about something like this?

NIGHT PASSENGERS PASSING THROUGH THE MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL

1. Neon Lights
2. Satellite of Love (Edit Danny Saber version – Milla’s 19 sec. of screeching at 3:22 taken out)
3. Slug
4. Stateless
5. Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long)
6. Your Blue Room
7. Never Let Me Go (Edit – first 30 sec. of narration taken out)
8. Falling At Your Feet
9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
10. Beach Sequence
11. Miss Sarajevo

I agree with the edit to Satellite (sorry Milla!)
I like Falling at your Feet, but for me it doesn't fit with the sonic mood of the rest (a bit too Simon and Garfunkle meets Leonard Cohen). How about fitting in Ito Okashi instead? I also love The Swan, and the way the sound of either rain hitting a tin roof or a fire crackling (or both?) echoes the rain sound at the beginning of Miss Sarajevo. (Am I making any sense? I'm on serious pain killers at the moment.)

Edited to add: As to my hearing a full version of Neon Lights, it may not happen soon, but it will definitely happen when it hits the stores in November, which is sooner than we think.

Last edited:
You’re right about Falling At Your Feet. I love song very much but the Simon & Garfunkel vibe really doesn’t fit the mood of this project. Great call on The Swan – the rain of it and the rain at the end of Beach sequence bookending Miss Sarajevo! I’ll have to listen to Ito Okashi again. How about A Different Kind Of Blue?

NIGHT PASSENGERS PASSING THROUGH THE MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL

1. Neon Lights
2. Satellite of Love (Edit Danny Saber version –19 sec. of screeching taken out)
3. Slug
4. A Different Kind Of Blue
5. Stateless
6. Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long)
7. Your Blue Room
8. Never Let Me Go (Edit – first 30 sec. of narration taken out)
9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
10. Beach Sequence
11. Miss Sarajevo
12. The Swan

I love A Different Kind of Blue; good addition. I think I might replace Corpse as well. I like it, but it's a bit creepy and, I don't know, thin-sounding. It has a more sour mood, I think. The other songs have more serenity. I think I would add Always Forever in its place. What do you think?

Different Kind of Blue is awesome...so interesting...

Corpse is a champion song.....here's one to think about, what would it be like on POP, would it be suited to the mood? I was just thinking of it on a similar scale to Wake UP Dead man.

What's Viva Davidoff and Bottoms like, if anyones heard them?

Back
Top Bottom