Less Loved Songs Contest Final Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These results must be taken with a grain of salt.

Red Light is a lesser song on a very strong album that everybody owns - therefore, mucho votes.

Whereas the horrid tripe off that hunk of shit known as Passengers get only a few votes each - nobody has actually ever listened to that disaster.

Yahweh worst U2 song ever? This is the worst thing I've ever heard here, even worst than when someone said that U2 should have end after 1997. Have you heard the live version?

I only think that In A Little While and The First Time are too much high.

And I repeat: This Contest was highly influenced by many people who probably don't know Passengers. I can see anyone voting for the great Heartland, Stay or Like a Song instead of Elvis Ate America and crap like that.

MacPhistoPT said:
Yahweh worst U2 song ever? This is the worst thing I've ever heard here, even worst than when someone said that U2 should have end after 1997. Have you heard the live version?

I agree, except that I think the 'U2 should have retired after 1997' posts were the absolute bottom. I am also taken aback by comments claiming Drowning Man/Miracle Drug are cheesy. :huh:

MacPhistoPT said:
And I repeat: This Contest was highly influenced by many people who probably don't know Passengers. I can see anyone voting for the great Heartland, Stay or Like a Song instead of Elvis Ate America and crap like that.

Yes, yes, yes. I like the Passengers album, but if you're going to pinpoint the worst songs there's some obvious choices here. I don't think anyone could believe that Theme from The Swan is more impressive than Yahweh, Red Light, etc.

Red Light is awful. And dont take that one personally, cause what makes it awful has very little to do with Bono's singing or songwriting, or the drumming, or the bass, or the guitar, it's all the fucking production. It's a mediocre forgettable filler song turned into a horror by Steve Lillywhite and that nightmare-inducing intro of female singers and that smooth jazz break.

Nothing on Passengers is remotely BAD. Maybe boring or a bit weird for conservatives or hard to take from your favorite rock band, but at worst, come on, it's elevator music. Nothing sticks out the way Red Light does. Sorry.

And I defended Grace even though I dont particularly like it. You have evidence I'm not biased against religious inspirational closing songs right there. Yahweh is just bad. And Drowning Man isnt bad, I sort of get into it, but that doesnt mean it's not cheesy. Partly Bono's fault, partly Lillywhite's. U2 fans should have long ago got used to the fact that U2, especially '80s era, was an over the top band. Being "over the top" means you will hit pure brilliance sometimes, and when you don't, you can come off a bit cheesy. But that's okay. "Drowning Man" is very emotional and hard not to get into once you get used to it. There are worse U2 songs.

Red Light is probably the worst 80's song. But it's not worse than Stuck in a moment and many Passengers stuff.

Actually I only love one song in Passengers: Your Blue Room :drool: Miss Sarajevo is ok, and there are some more listenable tunes.

^ "Da Da-Da, Da Da-Da, Da Da-Da" is sung just fine by the female backing singers, thanks.

MacPhistoPT said:
Red Light is probably the worst 80's song. But it's not worse than Stuck in a moment and many Passengers stuff.

Actually I only love one song in Passengers: Your Blue Room :drool: Miss Sarajevo is ok, and there are some more listenable tunes.

Stuck in a moment is in no way one of the bands worst songs, it is a great song.

2hearts, agreed! I'm currently listening to 'Daddy's Gonna Pay...' (another song people crapped on by voting for) and just tried remembering what those 'Red Light' backing vocals sounded like and I realised they'd actually go brilliantly with 'Daddy's Gonna Pay...'

Red Light without the backing singers and the trumpets would be a good song, methinks.

Irishteen said:

Stuck in a moment is in no way one of the bands worst songs, it is a great song.

It's my personal hate. Can't do nothing about it. :huh: :wink:

Stuck in a moment and daddy's crashed car are probably my two more strong but polemic hates :reject: The others are a bit common in U2 fans: Red Light, Miami, Elvis Ate America, All Because of You.

I love almost all their stuff but this 6 songs... :huh:

Back
Top Bottom