Leno: Chat, Comments, Predictions, Turkey.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some have 45 minutes.
tongue.gif

I have 3 and 1/2 hours blarg!!

Yes I will be watching, but I have sattelite TV and my remote is broken. It is now on some channel in the 300's and I have to get to channel 5 by hand in like 30 minutes. Good God!!!!

I have never heard a good performance audio wise on LENO his performance area sucks acousticly. I guess I was holding up hope U2 would break thet. An excellent performanc eon U2's side though

now what does Bono have to say...

wow, jeez, only Bono could have found a tactful way to make the state of the world statement, that was great.

I would like to see the Edge interviewed soemtime. Was it me or did Bono seem less at ease than on Dave Letterman? Probably my anti-Leno bias

Originally posted by hermes:

I would like to see the Edge interviewed soemtime. Was it me or did Bono seem less at ease than on Dave Letterman? Probably my anti-Leno bias

Yes-the other guys should talk too.

And Bono definitely did seem more comfortable w/ Letterman-but IMO Letterman is a much better interviewer anyway.

And he asks him about his 'recent' meeting w/ the Pope-how long ago was that anyway?

Was it my imagination or did Leno call him Bono pronouncing it like Sonny Bono-maybe I'm just tired
wink.gif

Leno is an ass. At least Dave doesn't pretend to know things he doesn't.

When the hell is U2 gonna be on Conan?

Good performance, but I wish the vocals could have been louder. Must be the acoustics, as y'all were saying.

I like the button Bono was wearing on his guitar strap...

Also, as someone else pointed out, only Bono could come to America when we're so focused on Afghanistan and remind us tactfully about the world poverty and AIDS problems. I only wish the other guys had talked some.

Only an hour and a half to go now! Can't wait! So how long are they on? When do they come on, like the last 15 minutes?
YAY! U2 soon on tv!

I noticed Bono stole Leno's prescence in the interview..and when Bono was shakin Leno's hand..he did the samething to Leno that he did to me..
Bono will not do a traditional gentleman-handshake..Bono insists on the 70's 'universal-brother' shake..My encounter I tried for the more 'ganster-shake' on stage w/the fingers coiled like your getting ready to thumb wrestle..BUT Bono corrected me there and made me do it his way and then he insisted on holding it for a while for emphasis like he did tonite w/Leno..
..they did do a little faggity gentleman shake at the very end tho..

Man, Bono is friggin RIGHTEOUS..tryin to accomadate every circumstance..

DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 11-22-2001).]

Well atleast you can always count on U2 being great. They made it worth my time
smile.gif

I agree that the studio acoustics sounded bad. I noticed that right away... thought maybe it was my t.v.!

------------------
I put the fun in dysfunctional.

By the things Leno said and asked, I think maybe he really doesn't like U2 (or Bono).

I don't think he really didn't knew how to pronounce Bono and also the interview with the pope?
rolleyes.gif
. I think he might done it on pure purpose

What do you guys think?

Great performance...I totally love those guys.
biggrin.gif

The interview was cool too...more Bono is fine with me, but I'd like to see Larry get up there once (ha-in my dreams!). Did anyone see at the end of Walk On when Larry was clapping, as if he was clapping for the service men and women in the audience?
smile.gif

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

Back
Top Bottom