Leno called him Bow - no

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Jay Leno proves once again what a fake he has become. This man, who used to be one of the best, most real stand-ups out there. But once the Tonight show job became available, he became so fake in his effort to get the job over Letterman. And he proves it again tonight... he's trying to act like this hip cool guy who knows all this stuff about U2... and he talks about bono meeting the pope recently (that was like 2 years ago now)... and to top it all off as he signs off for commercial he calls Bah-no Bow-no... as in Sonny's pronounciation of the name. Damn that Leno... Letterman still rocks.

------------------
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller

Dressing like your sister, living like a tart. They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art. You're a headache... in a suitcase... You're a star.
come september alot can change
summer's love turns to winter's pain in new york

OMG-I just asked that in the other thread-I thought I was just hearing things. Geesh-how embarrassing
rolleyes.gif

Letterman is SO MUCH BETTER!

lord, I hat e Leno. I thought I was the only one who has seen how fake he has become. I watch every so often when a good guest is on, like U2, and he's getting worse.

Not only is he fake now, but he's insulting to people, it's really disgusting.

Ack, I haven't watched the performance yet...I fell asleep! *blush* But I have it on tape.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Great performance by the boys last night.

Leno reminded me of why I never watch him.

ME 3

I watch Leno every night - he kicks Letterman's ass. He's so much funnier, sorry if he pronounced a name wrong, I thought he was human and he makes mistakes.

Leno RULES!

Ah, of course everyone makes mistakes...I mean Bono praised the "men" of the military...but we're not going to jump on his back for that now, are we?
wink.gif

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Ah, of course everyone makes mistakes...

Yes-of course-but mispronouncing the name of your guest-who's the lead singer of the 'biggest band in the world' at this moment?
confused.gif

Obviously, it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things-but it just reflects poorly on Leno-he sounded like all those folks-usually 'older' folks
wink.gif
- who say'Bow-no'.

I tend to call him Bow-no too. It's the habit of years. Bah-no sounds worse to me. Sorry. If I ever actually meet him I will make sure to say it the accepted way.

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I tend to call him Bow-no too. It's the habit of years. Bah-no sounds worse to me. Sorry. If I ever actually meet him I will make sure to say it the accepted way.
My best friend told me one day that I'd "better get moving" if I wanted to have 8 million kids with "Bone-O."

MONA: It's BONO, not Bone-o.

KATIE: ....if you're having that many kids with him, I think he's gotta be called Bone-o.

Heheh. Well maybe you had to be there. So around her I calle him Bone-o. Everywhere else I throw Bon Jovi toothbrushes at ppl who pronounce his name wrong. Gr...

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

Magic magic magic Joe Houdini.....

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Yes-of course-but mispronouncing the name of your guest-who's the lead singer of the 'biggest band in the world' at this moment?
confused.gif

Well I ahte to say it..but leno..being american is a part of the pop invasion BS ( ie spears and N sync) it's not surprising he messed the name up. Also...did any one notice leno couldn't keep his hands off bow-no?

Originally posted by WildHonee:

Heheh. Well maybe you had to be there. So around her I calle him Bone-o. Everywhere else I throw Bon Jovi toothbrushes at ppl who pronounce his name wrong. Gr...

Can you explain the Bon Jovi toothbrush thing to me? Does such a thing actually exist?

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom