Lemon vs. Staring At The Sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
These are really fun and I'm getting a big kick out of the responses we're getting. I think it's fun comparing some of the less 'iconic' songs in U2's canon. I'll do another one in a little while, but for now:

Lemon or Staring At The Sun?

BEGIN!

-Miggy D

Lemon. One of the best U2 songs ever. SATS doesn't have a chance against this masterpiece.

Absolutely, positively LEMON!!!:drool: :drool:

Lemon is a dreamy, magical, emotional, beautiful....oh forget it. Lemon is one of the best songs they've ever made. SATS is ok, it just never really caught on with me.

LEMON !!!!!!!!! it fucking rocks!!!!!!!!!

and the video is one of the best u2 videos ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SATS is a good song but they never play it live(with larry and adam, they played it once) and its not so power full,,, now if edge played it with an electric guitar hmmmmmmmmm

those two are so great , i'll pick Lemon , because of the video , both studio and live ( ZOOTV) clips are awesome , the song is awesome , SATTS - song is great , one video with images of the sun is ok , miami is alright ,but not great

damn what a tough pick. If I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with Lemon. But their both amazing and some of my favorite u2 tunes. I''ll go with Lemon just because of Adam's bass.

Staring At The Sun by a mile.

OK, Lemon is a cool song and all, but Staring At The Sun is one of my favorites. Incredible guitarwork, great lyrical imagery, a song with great SOUL.

Put it this way: SATS takes me "to that other place."

Last edited:
Lemon :up:

It wins by far because its my favorite U2 song. When I first heard this song I fell in love with it! I like SATS but it doesn't come close to Lemon.

Bono's falsetto :drool:

Wow, these song wars are great, but I must say, it makes me feel like I'm way out of step with a lot of other fans. SATS is way better!! To see that Lemon is getting most of the votes is crazy to me, but I do love that there is diversity on this site.:drool:

I'd say "Lemon," it's much better live full band obviously. "Staring At The Sun" is good too as far as studio magic, but the Vegas concert had me laughing to death when Bono cut the first take. "Staring At The Sun" is still cool on Popmart Mexico City, and on Slane, but it doesn't really stand out as much as "Lemon." And my golly, MacPhisto makes "Lemon" all the more entertaining.

Lemon no doubt. I first heard it when I saw ZooTV from Sydney, and it's the coolest performace ever. It's amazing! All the wierdness, Edge's singing and Bonos AMAZING falsetto over it, oh man. It's so wierd and different and all that and it's just beautiful! I saw the music video a few days ago and it was a life-changing experience. If only the video was the full 7 mins long!

Lemon, without question. And that's from somebody who didn't really care for it at first. :ohmy:

I think that it's just a much more complex song and really shows off U2's versatility.

Back
Top Bottom