Lemon glitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnytakeawalk

Refugee
Perhaps this has already been mentioned but I was just listening to lemon off my Zooropa album and during the intro, you know that 'tick, tick, tick' part before they all come in, I could've sworn I heard one of the guy's say, 'I hate this song.'

You have turn the sound up really loud and listen really hard. Maybe I'm just insane but I could've sworn that's what I heard. Anyone know anything of it?!

also, in the very beginning of "Unforgettable Fire", the song, well, before the song starts ...Larry drops his drumstick.. and um... well, I'm sure everyone already has heard about this one, too. lol.

FungusAmongus said:
also, in the very beginning of "Unforgettable Fire", the song, well, before the song starts ...Larry drops his drumstick.. and um... well, I'm sure everyone already has heard about this one, too. lol.

And in Ultra Violet he drops his drumstick in the middle of the song, but I can’t hear it. Anyone here know the minutes and seconds?

Only glitch in Lemon is Adams bassline. Don't get me wrong the bass riff is great but he screws it up towards the eno/ synthy part i'm sure.

jonnytakeawalk said:

lol, thanks for that!

Did no one actually notice that or could they just not be bothered doing another take?!

There are moments like this throughout U2's ENTIRE back catalogue,

Sometimes you can't help but hear them, (I always hear the 'happy bono?' in mofo)

other times they need pointing out, but believe me there are hundreds of examples.

Also, if you turn up vertigo really loud, right at the very end of th track, not the song, someone says something too.

jonnytakeawalk said:
Perhaps this has already been mentioned but I was just listening to lemon off my Zooropa album and during the intro, you know that 'tick, tick, tick' part before they all come in, I could've sworn I heard one of the guy's say, 'I hate this song.'

You have turn the sound up really loud and listen really hard. Maybe I'm just insane but I could've sworn that's what I heard. Anyone know anything of it?!

Haha! I heard this the first time I ever listened to Lemon...thought it was someone saying 'can we start?' or something...

aaaanyway...

lemon...:drool:

Neenie said:

And in Ultra Violet he drops his drumstick in the middle of the song, but I can’t hear it. Anyone here know the minutes and seconds?

I believe I read somewhere that he drops his drumsticks somewhere around 3:10 into the song and picks back up around 3:15...I may be wrong though, you'll have to listen closely to it.

FungusAmongus said:

lol,

Just listened to 'unforgettable fire' again. It is 'shit' that Larry says before the start right? Pretty funny!

LightMyWay60 said:

I believe I read somewhere that he drops his drumsticks somewhere around 3:10 into the song and picks back up around 3:15...I may be wrong though, you'll have to listen closely to it.

Thank you! I'll give give it a few listens over when I get home. ;)

just before one of the "MOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHERRREEERERRRRRRR"'s, someone, (howie b?) says "Happy Bono?"

for some reason i think its around 2:16 :huh:

I believe this is in Numb, but during the start you can hear Bono say "I feel really tired" in his Lemon falsetto.

LMFAO @ this entire thread. i love it.

i never noticed the Ultraviolet thing.. gonna check that out later.

i love stuff like this.

Rivergoat pointed out a fantastic one on another thread.

If you listen to the start of wake up dead man on POP

you can hear someone say 'Adam is a Butthead' really clearly.

try it, it's on there.

Larry says what song? and if ou listen to the unforgetable fire also at the very beginning mi hear someone saying the word "shit" and i thought i read somewhere that larry dropped his drum sticks? can anyone confirm the "shit" on UF??

dabiggestu2fan said:
Larry says what song? and if ou listen to the unforgetable fire also at the very beginning mi hear someone saying the word "shit" and i thought i read somewhere that larry dropped his drum sticks? can anyone confirm the "shit" on UF??

Yes, I've heard it, and he does say "Oh shit"

You turn up ur speakers/headphones in the 1st 4 seconds

But I thought Larry just counted off too early, b4 the backing track did it's thing

If you play TTYW backwards, someone says, "Paul really is dead." :wink:

Actually, I've heard Bono say that toward the end of Love Is Blindness, Edge's emotions from his bad break-up swelled up as he was playing...Bono pushed him so hard to bring it all out that apparently he broke some strings toward the end of the song. Bono claims that you can hear it. I think I have, but I'm not really sure.. :hmm: Anyone pinpoint a time?

I'm sure that this is already known, as it isn't really too buried in the song...

But I realized two weeks ago, for the first time, that Edge's guitar solo during "If You Wear That Velvet Dress," is accompanied by the sound of somebody whistling (Bono, I assume) from about 3:12-3:14. I don't know if you care. I thought it was cool, though! I've listened to the song well over 1000 times since that fateful day in '97, and I'd never once noticed it...!

*SMACK*

Lemon is perfect. :mad:

icon34.gif

Originally posted by Meghan
just before one of the "MOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHERRREEERERRRRRRR"'s, someone, (howie b?) says "Happy Bono?"

hmm.. Maybe it's just background noise? Someone says something yeah, but it might be a part of the song..

I love these things. I've been trying to listen carefully for the glitch in Ultraviolet but I can't hear any pause in the drumming..

Back
Top Bottom