Legit Complaints Do NOT = Whining (not all of the time)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mofo82

Refugee
OK. I've had some complaints about this last weeks problems. I've kept them contained to the least amount of posts possible because there is a limit each person must finally reach before they are unnecessarily, if you will, whining.

But, I've seen way too many posts that repeatedly knock people for their legit complaints, right in the middle of a thread that can have serious undertones. Boom, 'WHY ALL THE COMPLAINING?' between two people comparing what they were told be different sources about how they were lied to by sales reps, or how their passwords were lost, etc.

Why can't these users express their problems? I understand that this post in itself might be seen as putting a limit on what some are posting, but it's only because I see other people already doing it in the first place. Let people have their voice and their opinion without having it rudely shoved back in their face. It's happened to me before and it's not cool. This is my free time, as it is everyone's, so let them use it as they want.

This whole thing is a negative situation. You know, its been hard lately to accept the negativity throughout the forum, and I myself have alot of that feeling. I've taken the mishandling of the memberships and ticketsales very presonally because we invested in the band with trust that they would want their own fans to have the best, and likewise be surrounded by the best. Respect the fact that many people who are that upset feel this mainly because they want to be there and have what the band, at one time, wanted us to have- that same feeling they get, that rush, up on the stage that makes all the pains in life go away, then in an instant reminds you that it's ok to be hurt.

There is something wrong with the system, and let people say something about it. Look at the people who are replying before blindly making some comment about 'Why do I have to read the same thing by the same person over and over and over'. Did these people even take the time to recognize that maybe it wasn't the same person who said something similar? There's alot of people who feel the same way, pretty damn pissed, so the sooner we get it off our chests, and the less shit people get for it, the better it's gonna get. I know there are exceptions out there, but still, come on people.

Last edited:
There is a difference between the post you made and the whiney posts of others. All the melodramatic - lets boycott the tour, make a sit down protest in the GA section, wear protest tshirts, abandon U2 forever - type posts are annoying and whiney.

I understand people are upset and the hurt goes much deeper than the 40 buck issue. There is a perceived violation of trust.

BUT, the whining does appear to be endless. There are people who move from thread to thread repeating their stories. And not just in the whiney threads, its been all across the boards. If it was contained in a couple of whining threads it would be okay. But thats not the case.

I never want to post in a whining thread nor see one for that matter

And to add, I really believe that it would help all U2 fans who want a fair shot at tickets to make an effort, or support an effort to stop these kinds of things like the Ticketmaster/ membership thing from happening again. Whether or not you bought a membership, people were mistreated and misled, in some way. I have to believe that some are trying to help all of us by getting the reality of the situation out there so that anyone that is a remotely interested may go see a show, no matter how many years they've been fans or the number of shows they've been to. Many have made the proper moves to push for refunds for anyone interested, pushed to get tickets to those who were jipped right at the checkout, so all of the talk cannot and should not be lumped together as 'whining'. Thanks :wink:

Last edited:
Running around in several threads throughout the forum saying "I hate U2", "let's boycott/sue them", making rude T-shirts, U2 sold out ... IS whining. Even more with the clear signs U2's organisation and Ticketmaster are working to get things right.

It would be much easier for everyone if all who are dissapointed so much by the pre-sale would just state it once in a thread or a journal, and leave it at that. Better yet, find another fave band if they feel so betrayed.

Agree U2girl, well said.

To me, there is a difference between complaining in a constructed manner as opposed to the type of whining that has been on this board of late which imho showed a lot of u2 fans as very very spoilt with no sense of reason

I agree! I HATE :mad: it when people's complaints are written off as 'whining', especially in the case of the Boston GA fiasco. Look, people have a reason to feel the way they do, and NO ONE should demean that by brushing them off as 'whiners.'

Ok, alot of people who have been angry have been posting in multiple threads about the problems with the presale etc.. But all the users who had a problem with their " whining " have been following them around in all the threads saying the same things too. and telling them to stop whining .. So i really dont see a difference..

Back
Top Bottom