Least favorite songs from last 3 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HOLY SHIT, "A Man And a Woman" is taking a hit!!! c'mon...that's a great song off Bomb....

"All Because of You" verges on annoying sometimes

"Love and Peace or Else" (holy shit what a title) - this song doesn't really annoy me, but if I had to pick a least favorite from the last 3 albums it would probably be this one :shrug: - not a bad song though

1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
2. Stuck In A Moment
3. In A Little While

If I was hard-pressed to pick a least favorite 3 I would not include anything from POP...

Crumbs From Your Table
Peace on Earth
All Because of You

Damn, that was hard. I actually really like all 3 of those songs.

If I had to pick a single least favorite it would be Crumbs probably.

1. Grace U2's claim to shame

2. In A Little While
3. Playboy Mansion

WTF.....

Grace is so beautiful....it's not boring at all, exercise some patience....next time you're driving in the rain, listen to this song, it will ease all your pain and free your mind :)

WTF.....

Grace is so beautiful....it's not boring at all, exercise some patience....next time you're driving in the rain, listen to this song, it will ease all your pain and free your mind :)

hmmmmm .... I use Promenade for that!

1 Fast Cars
2 Grace
3 Peace on Earth

if bonus tracks (fast cars) don't count, then...

1 Grace
2 Peace on Earth
3 Mofo (sounds excellent live, but studio, not so much)

What's wrong with Peace on Earth? I know that it is perhaps their worst title EVER, but the song itself I think is good.

1. New York
2. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
3. Miami

U2 isn't that good at songs about cities it seems.

Peace on Earth and Grace are two of the worst songs U2 has put to tape, along with Love Rescue Me.

The third one would have to be Yahweh. The cheese has gotten to a whole new level with that one.

Can't say I really hate anything, or even dislike enough to skip, and really the only song I strongly dislike post-War is When Love Comes to Town, but these leave me less-than-enthused:

1. Wild Honey

This is b-side filler. Really. Nothing wrong with it but way too insubstantial to be on an album.

2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Appreciate the sentiment and the writing, but it's so generic. That falsetto bridge is cringe-inducing at how Adult Contemporary-radio it sounds. Only saved by the effort Bono puts into it and the final stretch.

3. Grace

This song doesn't bother me at all. I actually like it in the course of the album, just can't say I'd ever feel like listening to the song by itself. It's just, as the thread says, one of my least favorites.

1. In A Little While (I just hate it, it's the worst of everything that Bono tries to emulate)
2. Elevation (It just sort of embodies everything wrong with 21st Century U2)
3. Stuck In A Moment (I just hate the schmaltzy production, the acoustic version is fine and basically it's a good song, it's just highly cheesed up on the album)

All Of The Songs I Disliked From The Last Three:

1. Crumbs From Your Table - Needlessly preachy, elements stolen from other U2 songs, practically hook-less. Potentially the worst song they'll ever do or have done.

2. Please - see Crumbs From Your Table

3. If You Wear That Velvet Dress - Chris Isaak, nuff said.

4. Miami - like a quickly put together Zooropa track, minus any thought for the audience or attempt at catchiness. Bono's vocals should be buried in the mix more too. It really sounds like he's sitting there sipping a beer while laying his voice down over a temp track that took all of five minutes to make.

5. Original Of The Species - Single version is listenable, this one isn't. A solo Lennon track that goes the obvious route. *yawn*

6. A Man And A Woman - Liked it for the first fifteen listens but that's mostly because I wanted to hear a lot of new U2 since it'd been practically four years with a dry well. There's a reason why it didn't become a live staple...akin to a lot of crap you'd hear on Triple A radio from John Mayer or any of the other nameless, faceless drones that put together semi-soothing, semi-catchy inoffensive pop tunes for the 9-5 office crowd.

7. One Step Closer - Actually a cool little album detour but it's almost like a spoken word piece or skit from a rap album, so I've totally skipped over it since and often forget of its existence.

8. MOFO - I like the remixes, the album one was just a bit undercooked.

9. Last Night On Earth - Here moreso because it's frustrating what it could've been as evidenced in the single version. Still, it's a go-nowhere idea that should've been scrapped.

Miracle Drug
One Step Closer
City of Blinding Lights

If I could choose all of Vertigo, I would. It also irritates me that Fast Cars wasn't on the NA release. That said, :heart: Pop :heart: ATYCLB :heart:

- Miami (Geez...x.x')
- One Step Closer (I think is a song to commit suicide...)
-4th of July

p.s.: what's wrong with grace? Oo' I think is kind of pretty...

Back
Top Bottom