Leaked song quality is CRAP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I heard the album on my radio station the other night and was very pleased. Radio compresses the hell out of songs and so I knew that if sounded that good on the radio the CD was gonna ROCK sonically. Well, I broke down and downloaded the CD today, and I swear I got halfway through and had to stop. The quality of those mp3's are so bad. Thin, brittle, slightly distorted in both the highs and lows. I only bring this up because I caution people to have friends listen to the songs sounding like this. But it makes me now wait in anticipation for the CD in all it's glory.

P.S. - I still listened to Crumbs... a lot today cause it kicks so much ass!

womanfish said:
I heard the album on my radio station the other night and was very pleased. Radio compresses the hell out of songs and so I knew that if sounded that good on the radio the CD was gonna ROCK sonically. Well, I broke down and downloaded the CD today, and I swear I got halfway through and had to stop. The quality of those mp3's are so bad. Thin, brittle, slightly distorted in both the highs and lows. I only bring this up because I caution people to have friends listen to the songs sounding like this. But it makes me now wait in anticipation for the CD in all it's glory.

Which MP3s did you download? The 128Kbps CBRs, or the ~256Kbps VBRs? The CBRs do sound pretty bad, but the VBRs sound great.

hey Gorman, i must have got the 128's. It's ok though, I shouldn't have broken down anyway. lol. I'll wait it out for the CD! Glad to see there are better versions out there.

womanfish said:

If the mp3's and the radio are bad, chances are the CD is bad. U2 have never been known to produce audiophile quality recordings. Sound quality wise (which has nothing to do with songwriting or performance) U2's records have always been compressed and flat (sometimes sterile). Try picking up the Mobile Fidelity Gold disc version of The Joshua Tree to find out what a U2 record should sound like. I have the Vertigo radio promo CD, and I assure you the sound quality is flat and sterile.

Cheers,

J

what does it mean? (Mobile Fidelity Gold disc version of The Joshua Tree)

A really high quality remastered cd???

IMO they sound much better on many bootlegs than in the studio. I have a difficult time listening to their studio work after hearing so many bootlegs. That's probably why I'm not in such a panic to hear the latest. Hopefully Vertigo is not the best thing on the album.

Back
Top Bottom