Leak, damn you. !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
And no, I'm not wishing poor foundations to an unfortunate neighbour, or the breaching of Stewie's diapers.

Come on people... mind over matter.
:crack:

Basstrap said:
it'll leak, precious...it'll leak

No idea why I found this funny......
But leakage will occur - it may not be today or tomorrow, or even the next day but occur it will:wink:

I prefer to wait. That said, I'd prefer a leak. Maybe I'll get the best of both worlds and have to wait for the leak.:madspit:

I don't even want the entire thing to leak. Only a few key songs to tide me over until it's officially released:

Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
A Man and A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Yaweh

I'll easily wait until the official thing is released to hear Fast Cars; I'm not being too picky here.

They seem hellbent on preventing leaks this time. I guessing it'll be well into November before any leaks happen.

bono_man2002 said:
i dont thik the full album will leak..but we might get a few tracks before its out.

The full album could leak a week or so before official release beause more people will have it in their hands by then. I really don't think it'll leak much before then, though. If it does, it will only be because of somebody's major major screw up. The only guys capable of screwing up that bad is the band themselves---lol. Here's to another lost CD!!!

You know the security on this album has been brilliant for a new U2 album. I mean this is on the scales of Acthung Baby, which I don't think we heard anything until they wanted us to hear it.

And even though we had ATYCLB by mid-October of 2000, it was also due to be released on 10/31/00 and not 11/23/00...so give me a break.

Leak please!! I'm still going to by the album even if the album is leaked. In fact to punish myself for downloading the leak, I'll buy 4 albums...one for me and the other 3 for my friends.

:wink:

I won't download the new album..hearing ATYCLB in its entirety for the first time was excellent and exciting :D

Last edited:
i'm just spoiled by all the indie stuff i listen to where they don't mind so much if it leaks.

probably will be out 2 weeks before the release. but hopefully before then.

i'm pretty sure we had atyclb more than 2 weeks before its release date.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
You know the security on this album has been brilliant for a new U2 album. I mean this is on the scales of Achtung Baby, which I don't think we heard anything until they wanted us to hear it.

For Achtung Baby, they didn't have the internet to deal with. Mind you, I still had the Salome tapes months before Achtung Baby was released !!

Having no real leaks in this era is quite amazing. But once magazines and newspapers around the world get their promo copies, leaks will happen.

Yes, this is all true chocky, and even though you had the Acthung Bebei Tapes lets face it they weren't really anything of substance when it came right down to it. More like ideas than actual songs.

And Skeek, I'm almost positive we didn't have anything remotely close to an album leak, but for 10 to 14 days before ATYCLB came out. I'm positive.

mlrg said:
REM suck....

Thank you for that insight. Now excuse me while I go throw away all my REM CD's.:|

Oh, and btw, REM's new album didn't actually leak. Well, maybe it did, but the entire album was available to listen (legally) online a few weeks before it came out. I wish U2.com would give us something like that.

I know this is not the topic here, but you see im poor and therefore i can´t start a thread, i just realized that the Mtv Europe Awards is on the 18th of november, wouldn´t it be cool if U2 performed Vertigo there!
They played Beautiful day at the 2000 mtv awards ceremony.....

I´ll run along and make some money now, then i can buy myself a membership and start my own threads, so i don´t have to steal Skeek´s one..... :reject:

Jaxx said:

Oh, and btw, REM's new album didn't actually leak. Well, maybe it did, but the entire album was available to listen (legally) online a few weeks before it came out. I wish U2.com would give us something like that.

It leaked before it was put online legally.. i think it was about a week, but i can't remember for sure.

There were *two* leaks for ATYCLB, one was of the 30 second clips which were all placed on the u2.com webserver (supposed to be released one week at a time), followed by the entire album.

chocky said:

For Achtung Baby, they didn't have the internet to deal with.

Well they did, but on a much smaller scale and even then there wasn't the ability to easily digitize music and transfer it over the network. Back before mp3s you'd be lucky to be transferring wav files at around 30 MB per song, and over a 9600 bps connection. Ah, the classic days of computing.

iota said:
We had ATYCLB well before 2 weeks.

20 days... that's what i said...

Rem's Around The Sun was leaked 11 days before release.

I'm hoping that HTDAAB comes around much sooner! I think early november will bring it

Back
Top Bottom