Leader of the Free World?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's make a better prezzz?

• Bono

Votes: 56 87.5%
  • Dubya

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
doctorwho said:

Dubya is the worst thing this world has seen. :tsk: :tsk:

Hmm.... I hope you dont honestly feel that way. I hope you would concede that Bin Laden, Hussein, Hitler, Stalin, and those like them are far worse for the world.

It's attitudes like yours that make me scared for my country- people that dont just dislike Bush, but those who truly, actually hate the man. I would never say that Clinton, Pelosi, or any politician I dont like "is the worst thing the world has seen."

If you dont like him, fine, but please hesitate before making such radical claims.

You mean the nickname?

His dad is George H. W. Bush.

The younger Bush is plain ol' George W. Bush. So to differentiate between him and the elder George Bush, some people shortened it to W ... or in a southern accent, Dubya.

Can you imagine how long the State of the Union speech would be with Bono :blahblah: ? He'd never get anything done, and Edge would always be catching fire on the White House lawn.

Eight people voted for Bush? Eight people need their heads checked.

Though ...

doctorwho said:
Prices for gas have doubled if not tripled.

OH NOES, now you have to pay HALF what the rest of the world pays per litre!

Axver said:
OH NOES, now you have to pay HALF what the rest of the world pays per litre!

:lol:

I can't even imagine paying that much.

Although honestly, when the prices jumped above $3 a few months ago, there didn't seem to be as much of an uproar as there had been the past few years. Not as much grumbling, hardly as many outraged news stories.

I guess we're getting used to it.

Axver said:
Eight people voted for Bush? Eight people need their heads checked.

I voted for Dubya because I know Bono gets too much attention in this forum, so I wanted to balance out the competition. :sexywink:

I voted for Dubya as well...he may not be the smartest guy in the world....
but at least he didn't write Elevation or HTDAAB :|

:wink:

Zootlesque said:
*waits for somebody to photoshop Bono's head onto a presidential address photo*

insincerelt3.gif

:sexywink: Only for you, Zoots.

I love how unsure he looks about the whole thing.

doctorwho said:

The worst part about this is that you blindly worshipped Bono for what reason? Because he had long hair and sang songs you liked? Because he gave rants about South Africa and the IRA? Because he wore cool clothes and mocked stardom? But now that Bono is actually REALLY doing something to change the world, where his actions are saving lives of an entire continent (!), suddenly you no longer adore him. :scratch::tsk: :tsk:

Woah, way to make assumptions! Maybe I just idealized him too much at one time and slowly realized he's only a human being, not a god.

xaviMF22 said:
I voted for Dubya as well...he may not be the smartest guy in the world....
but at least he didn't write Elevation or HTDAAB :|

:wink:

If Dubya ever tried songwriting, I'm sure the lyrics he would come up with would make even the Elevation or HTDAAB lyrics seem like poetic genius in comparison.

Bono's shades said:

Woah, way to make assumptions! Maybe I just idealized him too much at one time and slowly realized he's only a human being, not a god.

Yeah, same here. We're both older fans. If I remember right from your posts, you idolized him in the 80s. And I idolized him in the 90s cos thats when I got into the band. We've gotten older and obviously no longer have that strong obsession. :wink: Speaking for myself, I do still respect what he is doing outside of U2, despite the fear that his time away from the band may be interfering with the quality of the music.

Back
Top Bottom