last tour??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgerulz

Acrobat
i know bono says they are ready to make new music, but does anyone get the feeling u2 may not tour again?
if they do, how can they possibly top what they have done on the last three tours?

How can they top it? who knows.. I'm sure it's possible. But being up close at a show, you can really tell that performing means a great deal to Bono. He puts all of himself into it, and while it's probably very physically draining, I think he gets a lot out of it too. He would probably die on stage if that's what it came down to.

So I hope they do what they enjoy doing, even if their previous successes are impossible to top. But I think they can do wonderful things.

My feeling is that after the summer of 2002..they prolly not tour for a while...they wil be touring less often from this point on and do fewer shows.

i agree skeek, i think the whole band, except adam, (he never looks like he wants to be anywhere) is pouring it all out on this tour. i just get a feeling they may be calling it quits after this, as far as touring. this tour would be a great way to go out.
i hope i'm wrong and they tour until i die.

Dude, after being so close to Bono you can tell how important this is to him - they won't quite for a while. When you watch him close his eyes and challenge his voice, giving it everything he's got - you see and feel that he wants to keep touring. I love the little things...U2 will be back. Can they top this? Very hard to, but then again I'm sure how thats you all felt in 1987, and I'm sure some of you felt that in 1992, 97. Never doubt U2!

Adam is soooo cool, he just wanders off into space. He's like me during Math...
smile.gif
Anyways, if Adam has surived this long, he will survive as long as Bono. They're in their 40's, and they are at the top of their game. They proved that to us.

I'm sure they'll tour again if they are still together ( I hate to say that ) but in four or five years or so. First of all, I dont think they have an album on the works despite all the rant about dozens of songs waiting to be polished up. I hope I'm wrong. The next album will probably show up around 2003 or 2004.

Let's hope they are around 4 ever.

don't get me wrong, i love adam. he kills me the way he has that cigarette going before the last notes are played every night.
but there is still something about this tour that has me worried it may be the last.

True, Bono puts his arm around Adam during every show, never fails....but they are too tight of a group now to leave and they are smart enough. The recording sessions are their hardest times and they know it's going to be very hard again. Their two hardest albums? Achtung Baby and ATYCLB. They also happen to be their BEST.

If they don't tour again, I'll cry! I never got to lose my Elevation virginity! Heh that sounds weird...

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

Originally posted by edgerulz:
how can they possibly top what they have done on the last three tours?

Everybody wondered how they could top ZooTV...

Everybody wondered how they could top POPMart...

Now everybody is wondering how they can top Elevation...

Don't worry.

They will.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

it means a great deal to Bono (and US, of course), but it also takes a LOT out of him, esp. recently....his voice has been taking a beating for years, and he seems to take longer to recup than before. Case in point, this eerie pic:

l199485.jpg

I love the guys...I'm thankful they're touring and blessing us with being able to see them live, but they're only human, and they can't do it forever (waah)...a part of me hopes they do decide to take it easy for a change (and I bet their families might welcome that as well). I'd love it if they kept doing more albums, but touring...??? I'm thinking this may be the last tour as well. But I hope I'm wrong.

One of my favorite singers, Mark Sandman, who fronted the group Morphine, did just that - died on stage in Italy a couple years ago, doing what he loved. I don't know if I could handle that happening to Bono...even if it's that he died doing what he loved!!
frown.gif

Originally posted by SkeeK:
How can they top it? who knows.. I'm sure it's possible. But being up close at a show, you can really tell that performing means a great deal to Bono. He puts all of himself into it, and while it's probably very physically draining, I think he gets a lot out of it too.

Back
Top Bottom