Last Night on Earth single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
i have the import single of Last Night on Earth (green cover as opposed to the orange cover) On the front of the cd case it has a sticker that advertises Mixes by Danny Saber, Muggs, and Monkey Mafia.
Now the danny saber mix is Happiness is a warm gun, Muggs is part of the soul assassins on Numb, but who the hell are the Monkey Mafia, and what did they mix on this single?

Monkey Mafia is the alias of Jon Carter, a British DJ. He remixed Last Night On Earth (First Night In Hell Mix).

The funny thing about the "First Night in Hell Mix" is that it could be a remix to any song! It doesn't relate to "Last Night" in any capacity. There's no lyrics, no guitar riffs, nothing - it's like a "spooky" ambient song that might have been found on OS1!

I bought that single years ago and took it back the next day. I was quite simply appalled...

A) I STILL hadn't bought 'Pop', and was yet to hear anything other than the Live Version of 'Last Night on Earth' from Mexico City, which in my opinion remains the BEST version of that song in existence! When I put it in, there was NOTHING that sounded remotely like Last Night on Earth and it just droned on like an air-raid siren for god knows how long...

B) I wasn't happy with the Happiness is a Warm Gun remix. Was this a remix of a cover U2 recorded sometime during the 'Pop' sessions but never released? I'd like to know...

C) Pop Musik sounded great but just dragged on pointlessley by around 4 minutes...plus the original version reigns supreme!! :)

Back
Top Bottom