Larry's Vegetarianism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
As some of you may know, Larry Mullen is a vegetarian. But does anyone know why he is one. Is it because of Animal rights reasons or Health reasons or what?

So many of the musicians I listen to now are either vegetarians or vegans I'm more surprised when I find those who aren't.

That didn't answer your question though, did it? :D Sorry. But I don't have a clue as to his motivation.

lol it's okay.

yea you're right, these are just a few I can remember offhand:

1) Sting
2) Mick Jagger
3) Kevin Eubanks (Tonight Show)

Sting doesn't count

Sting is everything... Sting does yoga, eats vegetables, wants world peace, watch human rights, swims, does triathlon, bla bla bla...

for me he does too much... maybe maybe too much...

talk :wink:

I didn't know Larry was a vegetarian. That definitely makes me want to keep eating my veggies! They should put him on a "strive for five" poster! :drool:

Considering he had himself injected with bull's blood for a time (a remedy for his tendonitis or whatever it was), I'd doubt that it's an animal rights issue for him.

well you could probably get bulls blood without killing the bull

i think the red cross has bulls blood drives every now and then where bulls can go and donate

but larry is looking a little too thin these days, maybe he should start trying the meat

Chizip said:
well you could probably get bulls blood without killing the bull

i think the red cross has bulls blood drives every now and then where bulls can go and donate

but larry is looking a little too thin these days, maybe he should start trying the meat

*imagining bulls lining up...getting blood drawn...having a cookie and juice after*

Agree about the thin thing. Someone needs to fatten the boy up. :D

BTW Chiz...I don't think we've formally met yet, but I've heard a lot about you. It seems we have friends in common.

That sounds Soprano-esque. Mob-like. :wink:

well i hope youve only heard good things ;)

i dont often see you outside the pleba madness, so it is good to see you out here in normal land :wink:

its nice to meet you and hopefully our paths will cross around these parts more often

I've heard only good things. I've been introduced to the apple polishing thread, and I believe I was present when you hijacked Ruff's computer in SD. :lmao:

I've been wandering out every now and then. I'm not sure the larger world's ready for me yet, though. :reject:

After hearing Ruff's stories in depth, I desparately want to meet her, you and Diamond. Any chance of you all coming to Toronto? I try to tempt Ruff on a daily basis, but to no avail so far. :sigh:

Gonna keep trying though. I'm :evil: like that.

An added bonus - I'm a Jays fan. I'll take you to a game! :)

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
he had himself injected with bull's blood for a time (a remedy for his tendonitis or whatever it was)

Larry has a disk that protrudes from his spine and actually that is why he receives injections of bulls blood. His doctor in Ireland
does not believe that is a cure for Larry's crooked spine, but
Larry has said it did the trick in curing his pain. He flies to Germany regularly and receives these shots from a holistic healer.

MsMofoGone said:

Larry has a disk that protrudes from his spine and actually that is why he receives injections of bulls blood. His doctor in Ireland
Larry has said it did the trick in curing his pain. He flies to Germany regularly and receives these shots from a holistic healer.

Again....something I didnt know!!:wink:
Keep this thread going!!

The story about the bull's blood came out in the book "Until The End of the World" which was over 10 years ago. So be careful to continue to believe that is what's happening now. Also the book makes the first mention of Larry's vegetarianism that I know of.

Sounds like he didn't become a vegetarian until LoveTown. In the book, right at the end of the tour he tells Flanagan that he hasn't eaten meat in four years.

nathan1977 said:
Sounds like he didn't become a vegetarian until LoveTown. In the book, right at the end of the tour he tells Flanagan that he hasn't eaten meat in four years.

Hehe, that's right, he hadn't had meat in 4 years, guess noboby warned him, in Mexico, meat can be in all sorts of foods, even nachos. Bill Flanagan ruined his 4 year streak. ;)

"You see Larry, you let an outsider taste your food.
I'm not jealous, but if you need someone to eat off your plate you should always go to your bass player." -Adam

MsMofoGone said:

Yup, I have the book too. :) He also said that his relief is probably as much due to strengthening exercises as the injections...

wow now. i didn't know larry was a vegetarian. it really explains why he's so fit then huh?

sorry i can't be of any help in figuring out why hes a vegetarian

Back
Top Bottom