Larry's quote about "Staring at the Sun"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThePuttKing

The Fly
It goes something like this:

"If we had another month on it, it would have been a classic"

Maybe that is the case with the new project. If the band think that 3 or 4 songs need some work then according to the quote, it would take 3 or 4 months to do this. Hence the delay. Maybe the band will do this in the summer when Bono's other work is over.

It's going to be May, and the lack of any real rumours or anything at the moment makes me even more certain of that. Unless I'm very much mistaken, people have said on multiple occasions that things go quiet right before the release.

well, this delay shows how much perfectionist they are and most of all that this will their best album. i like very much pop, and they said everytime that it was not finished and if they would have had a little more time it would have been much better. so they don't want a pop2, they're looking for real good music, for something that will leave scars in us! by now, they're definitely the greatest rock band in the world, and if they need 3/4/5 or maybe 6 months yet to complete the album, no problem guys, take all the time that you need, we're waiting for you, we're with you, and we know that this will be a masterpiece!!

i also admire axver's belief...but the reality of the situtation is that 1) we never had any real information...they were all rumors, just like this one, and 2) the same sources that said may are now saying september. I do hope im wrong, but axver, you gotta wake up...as much as we dont want to believe it, it looks like september

i still dont believe the whole, if they had more time pop would have been much better argument. it would have been basically the same, i meanlook at the singles and tracks on the best of that they released with the "finished" versions of the songs. i mean it would have been the same songs with some slight variations, just a couple added bells and whistles. all the pop haters who blame pop on being bad for not being finished are nuts, if you take all their reworked songs and put them on there would that make you like pop? probably not.

No, I still do think it'll be May. Am I dreaming or have people definitely said that everything - including the rumour mill - goes quiet right before a release, just like the calm before a storm?

its quiet because its not gonna be released for at least another 7 months

well chizip, i think the singles and the reworked songs sound much better, if god will send his angels, staring at the sun, gone (with edge's chorus and a more played guitar during the verse) and especially please is totally different with the violin arrangements, it makes completely another atmosphere. anyway the same u2 said that the pop album was not finished and that it sounds uncomplete, and this is what they want to avoid with the new album

He said that about the fact that it didn't work live right? Death by mid-tempo.

Back
Top Bottom