Larry wearing a Confedarate flag?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marik

Refugee
anyone see the video of the month over at u2star.com?
it's u2 playing With A Shout from 1982 on some UK show called Something Else. you can notice that one the back of Larry's jean jacket is a big confederate flag. very stange. i wonder why he wore this, and if he knows the undertones of such a flag?

The confederate flag is not 'rad'.

I think Larry does not know what it means (it means ignorance, downright stupidity and insecurity) and it makes me ashamed to be American, since it's an American thing.
:madspit:

Considering the video is from 1982 I would believe that at the time Larry probably didn't know what it meant.

:confused:
wtf?
Somebody should have told him before he went out on stage.

Does anyone know where this was recorded?

Shart, the discussion you want to have regarding the meaning of the confederate flag is a topic best suited for FYM.
I am just surprised to see Larry in a confederate flag. It's very strange to me.

What does it mean then? It glorified and supported SLAVERY.
Glorifying that, and you say it's not stupidity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry is the only one who can comment on why he wore that, and to my knowledge a statement on this does not exist. If any of you would like to have a discussion about what the Confederate flag means to you, please start a thread in FYM. If anyone knows of a comment by Larry about this jacket, please email me at:

bonosloveslave@interference.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom