Larry playing bass - ZooTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
I've heard from various, not necessarily reliable, sources that Larry played bass in the opening sequence of ZooTV Euro and Australian legs? Can anyone confirm? Does anyone have pics/footage?

zoopop said:
The only time I heard of Larry playing bass is on the opening track "Zooropa".

He played bass on that? Then what was Adam doing? And who was playing the drums?

:ohmy:

Infinitum98 said:

He played bass on that? Then what was Adam doing? And who was playing the drums?

:ohmy:

I could be wrong, but I think Larry plays the opening like minute and a half, then Adam plays the rest. Listen to the bass in the first like minute and a half, then the rest. To me it sounds like the first minute and a half is played with a pick, then the rest is fingerstyle though I'm no expert.

thrillme said:

I could be wrong, but I think Larry plays the opening like minute and a half, then Adam plays the rest. Listen to the bass in the first like minute and a half, then the rest. To me it sounds like the first minute and a half is played with a pick, then the rest is fingerstyle though I'm no expert.

That`s right...just only the intro , till Edge`s guitar riff starts.

Read a story that Larry was the only one around when Edge was making the intro of the song Zooropa.
Guess he asked him to play the bass for the intro then?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

According to Flanagan's book, the opening mish-mash of sounds in "Zooropa" -- until the song begins in earnest with Edge's guitar chimes at about the 1:50 minute mark -- is Larry playing the bass at a soundcheck, that was then edited in with the rest of the track.

nathan1977 said:
According to Flanagan's book, the opening mish-mash of sounds in "Zooropa" -- until the song begins in earnest with Edge's guitar chimes at about the 1:50 minute mark -- is Larry playing the bass at a soundcheck, that was then edited in with the rest of the track.

Yeah....that was it.
I knew I read it somewhere , and in some sort:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom