Larry and Bono: no album in 2007, Popmart and no Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Griffiths said:
And let's not all forget that the Million Dollar Hotel took up time, as well. So it's kind of like U2 were involved in 7 albums, not 5 or 6. In some ways, Million Dollar Hotel feels even more like a U2 project than does Passengers. It involved Lanois, not just Eno as well - and both were producing ATYCLB at around the same time.

Let's count Robbie Robertson's Broken Arrow while we are here - It's got 2 u2 trax on it.

[/sarcasm]

Michael Griffiths said:
And let's not all forget that the Million Dollar Hotel took up time, as well. So it's kind of like U2 were involved in 7 albums, not 5 or 6. In some ways, Million Dollar Hotel feels even more like a U2 project than does Passengers. It involved Lanois, not just Eno as well - and both were producing ATYCLB at around the same time.

Definitely, having several actual Bono lyrics and wasn't Stateless and/or Ground beneath her feet actually considered for ATYCLB at first?

Wow. I can't believe this thread has degenerated to the point where people are arguing about how long it takes U2 to release an album. :huh:

I'm not heartbroken about Milan. I never thought it would happen anyway. I had hoped that 2007 would bring a new album but I can't say that I'm surprised. :shrug:

U2FanPeter said:

Let's count Robbie Robertson's Broken Arrow while we are here - It's got 2 u2 trax on it.

[/sarcasm]
LOL. Bono was involved in the entire M$H soundtrack, not just 2 songs. Other members of the band were involved in 6 new songs. Bono was a part of the Million Dollar Hotel band, as was Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno. And given this took time away from the recording of ATYCLB (since all 3 of them were involved in that as well), I think your sarcasm can be successfully wittled down the drain.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Definitely, having several actual Bono lyrics and wasn't Stateless and/or Ground beneath her feet actually considered for ATYCLB at first?
Yes, exactly. (I will omit 'The First Time' from this overview, since that was already a studio track from Zooropa...) Bono was directly involved in 9 of the tracks from the album and wrote the lyrics (and music) for 7 of the tracks. Bono was also executive producer of the entire album. The rest of the band were involved in 6 NEW songs ('Anarchy in the USA', 'Never Let Me Go', 'Falling at Your Feet', and 'Satellite of Love' - Danny Saber Remix - includes Larry Mullen on drums and 'Anarchy in the USA' includes Adam Clayton on bass, while we already know 'Stateless' and 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' include all members of the band). In all, there were 8 NEW songs that featured the members of U2 contributing actual music. That's pretty much a U2 project to me - and, at the very least, the same level as Passengers. And we all know how long it takes for Bono to write lyrics. :wink:

Yes, 'Anarchy in the USA' includes Larry Mullen on drums and Adam Clayton on bass. Larry Mullen is involved in 6 new songs in total (ie, songs that were recorded for the album as opposed to previously released studio recordings).

Last edited:
Rubin might also have something to do with this...

...he's expected in the studio with Metallica in the next few weeks to begin recording. Since Metallica are known perfectionists and extremely anal about recording, this could take a few months.

To be followed by a Linkin Park album, and any tracks he may contribute to Jay-Z's comeback album.

Rubin will be tied up for the next few months, which gives our boys some time to finely tune these songs.

PlaTheGreat said:

:huh:
Four years is the average between U2 albums. Without know anything about this year's stirrings I would have said the band would have released an album in 2008 anyways.

No offense Pla, but what are you talking about? 4 years as an average? They did that, like, twice in their whole history. To say that it's the average when there were so many U2 albums released within a year of each other would mean that there were albums released 6 or 7 years apart, and I don't remember that happening. :wink:

Anyway, I don't believe any of this. The messages are too mixed.

October 2007.

picturekj7.gif

:|

LemonMelon said:

No offense Pla, but what are you talking about? 4 years as an average? They did that, like, twice in their whole history. To say that it's the average when there were so many U2 albums released within a year of each other would mean that there were albums released 6 or 7 years apart, and I don't remember that happening. :wink:

Anyway, I don't believe any of this. The messages are too mixed.

October 2007.

I think the length of time between tours also needs to be considered, because touring is quite grueling. If late 2007 is a target album release date, that means Spring 2008 likely would represent the start of a tour. That is less than 18 months after the Vertigo Tour would have ended (Dec. 2006). U2 has not taken that brief of a break between tours since the 80s. Even if the tour had ended last Spring, 2 years between tours is below average.

This final leg is really overrated. It's only going from November 7 through December 9 with 13 shows in only 7 different cities. I don't see what the big deal is. Where's the grueling part? :|

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
This final leg is really overrated. It's only going from November 7 through December 9. I don't see what the big deal is. Where's the grueling part? :|

Touring in general is grueling. Even a 2 year break between tours is small by U2 standards. I believe Lovetown(a short tour) to ZooTv was the last time the gap was that brief.

Niceman said:
The other big deal is that they've had so long off since the last leg. We WILL get different live songs!!!!!!

I hope so...:drool: Some good quality bootlegs would be of utmost importance. :wink:

Niceman said:
The other big deal is that they've had so long off since the last leg. We WILL get different live songs!!!!!!

wanna bet? i bet in won't be able to tell the difference between a bootleg from
April 2006 and December 2006, aside from Bono's attempt at Portugese

Niceman said:

wanna bet? i bet in won't be able to tell the difference between a bootleg from March 2006 and December 2006, aside from Bono's attempt at Portugese

people from Hawai could go to the mainland to see u2. People in Auz must go to europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom