Korova 1 ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
does anyone know what "Korova" means? any significance of this word at all? or was it just half of the title of the b-side track to The Fly. it could possibly have significance to the movie Clockwork Orange. i wouldn't know though, as i am not familiar with that movie/story.

Yes. It's the name of the bar Alex and his buddies go to to drink milk laced with acid. See that movie, it's a mind fuck.

Korova is the bar where Alex and his friends (drooies, googles, whatever he called them) hang out and drank milk and planned all of their felonies...

Alex decends to hell for a bottle of milk... that's the rest of the song's name... It's about the life of Alex (or something like that). What I know is that Edge saw the movie and was very touched, and maybe he asked Bono to do something about it... the Edge part is what I know, the Bono part I supouse.

I've never heard this song, though... :|

so.. I went to the similar thread stuff... no sign of Edge being touched by the movie... sorry... :(

I still haven't heard the song...

:|

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing w/ you. But maybe he was more disturbed than touched. Touched is more a Tom Hanks movie type feeling.

Its trippy and weird pepo. Not bad, but trippy. It sounds like what the movie sounds like. I've not seen the movie, but these descriptions sound right lol.

It has one of the best soundtracks i've ever heard in film (along with 2001) :up:

Anyone know what the RTS production is? (Which the song was written for)

As far as I know, the song has nothing to do with Kubrick?s movie, but with a stage production for A Clockwork Orange performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company, in 1990. It seems that Bono and Edge created other songs for the play, but only Alex Descends into Hell was released on CD.

There is this quote from Edge on the song, it?s from Propaganda: "I wouldn?t expect a U2 fan to recognise this music as that of Edge and Bono, except perhaps on a couple of tracks. It is not really to do with U2. It?s a different attitude."

Btw, The Clockwork Orange the movie is great. Shocking, but still a great movie.

Cheers
MT

follower said:
As far as I know, the song has nothing to do with Kubrick?s movie, but with a stage production for A Clockwork Orange performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company, in 1990. It seems that Bono and Edge created other songs for the play, but only Alex Descends into Hell was released on CD.

There is this quote from Edge on the song, it?s from Propaganda: "I wouldn?t expect a U2 fan to recognise this music as that of Edge and Bono, except perhaps on a couple of tracks. It is not really to do with U2. It?s a different attitude."

Btw, The Clockwork Orange the movie is great. Shocking, but still a great movie.

Cheers
MT

Wow!! I didn't know this. Way cool! :)

It's a damn odd movie. Especially the part with the music, the beethoven, when they lock alex up in the room and play it...

not a movie to watch when you're 14. Um :uhoh:

But fantabulous song, nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom