Kite + Vertigo = Perfection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
i hope for the next tour U2 keeps Kite the way it was for vertigo tour...that vertigo styled beginning with bono singing that unbelievable opening "oohhh ohhh ohh ohhhh..."...and then the solo..it was perfect!

lets hope they don't change a thing for the next tour...

Wait, which version of Kite are you referring to? The Australian versions are clearly superior to any other versions of Kite ever produced...

Before 5th leg of Vertigo tour this song didn't speak to me too much but when I heard version from WITS Single, I've fallen in love with it.:drool:

major_panic said:
Wait, which version of Kite are you referring to? The Australian versions are clearly superior to any other versions of Kite ever produced...

That's the one he's referring to, with that sort of tribal chant/wail at the beginning.

It was beautiful in Auckland, but the solo from the first Melbourne show is TO DIE FOR. It just keeps going up and up....it actually sounds like a Kite escaping on the breeze.

yeah that tribal chant...that is absolutely amazing, i kept rewinding to that like 30 times it was so good...

yeah all youtube stuff is pretty bad, there are a couple complete performances but poor quality

the one on the wits single has been edited WAAAY down, i saw the video of it on youtube, awful quality but you can tell it is the wits version, sounds (ish) the same, but is also longer, but then again most songs released live today are edited down.

shame, i still think we should petition for a soundboard version of melbourn. should sound immense!

I just wish they would have kept the "I want you to know..... you don't need anyone or anything at all....." part.

I don't like the beginning of the Vertigo 'Kite'. The perfect version for me would be a hybrid of Elevation and Vertigo 'Kite.' Same beginning as Eleveation with the ending of the Vertigo version.

I'm absolutely in love with the KITE versions from the fifth Vertigo leg, I've heard all of them, some of them are so beautiful it makes me cry.

I love the beginning, it gives me shivers everytime Bono starts singing, and Edge's guitar is just magical, I don't even mind the length, I think it's a perfect closer and a good song to show Bono's vocal abilities.

gherman said:
I don't like the beginning of the Vertigo 'Kite'. The perfect version for me would be a hybrid of Elevation and Vertigo 'Kite.' Same beginning as Eleveation with the ending of the Vertigo version.

but bono's chant thing in the beginning is sooo good...it's an example of how his voice gets inside you like no other
even if someone else hit those notes it still wouldn't sound as great

anyway, anyone know of good audio/video version of vertigo Kite?

At Melb 1, I got shivers up my spine when he did the "chant" at the beginning... it was sooo beautiful! And of course, sounded even better there than it does on the bootleg!

... and Edge's solo? :drool:

The whole peformance of the song, and releasing of the kite, was perfection, and utterly touching.

great version :up:

too bad that Edge is fumbling his way through his solo a bit at times
not that often he gets to do a solo anyway lol

Last edited:
shaun vox said:
even i agree Kite is a great song!
just imagine bono(late 80s early 90s) vocals would sound on that song!

yes I imagine it would probably sound like crap....it makes absolutely zero sense...80's bono would sound horrible singing One, just like 90's Bono would sound singing Walk On..

the 80's bono and 90's bono are the late 70's bono, which is also the 00's Bono!!!!!!

IT'S ALL BONO!!! as obvious as it may seem, some people act like there are 3 different bono's...

At least I see it like this...

Truly, you have not experienced the amazing power of U2 until you have heard this version of Kite. Hearing it live was beyond anything I had ever imagined, especially after hearing the reports from Brisbane about a "Kite with didgeridoo".

Hearing Bad after just topped it off, but that's a story for another thread.

The Disciple said:
I just wish they would have kept the "I want you to know..... you don't need anyone or anything at all....." part.

No doubt.

I don't understand how people can overlook a MAJOR part of the song not being there.

Thusly, the Elevation versions are better. They were whole.

Back
Top Bottom