Kite is about Ali not his Dad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange333

Banned
Huge suprise. Yes Kite is about Ali and the Troubles with Ali and Him.

BEAUTIFUL SONG, listen to it about Freedom and redemption and truth.

He's talking about her taking the kids alone to the South of France and that She doesn't really need him anymore. Listen carefully, with some years and relationships behind you. Yeah I lost my parents too, even bodybaged them, but this song is not about Dad's (at least not in whole part- in part yes that's the magic)

I think 'Kite' is about many people. As for who Bono had in mind when he wrote the lyrics, I think there were many places and scattered faces that weaved their way into the song. The "...A man who sees the shadow behind your eyes," line is possibly about Ali, but the metaphor of the kite "out of control on the breeze" probably stems from Bono's outing with the kids...and of course, as is so often the case in U2's songs, can be applied to the other themes and sentiments throughout the song...which is what makes it so cohesive, yet so relative.

I just remember the interviews where Bono said he came up with the idea for the song when he took his kids out to fly.. a kite.

Orange333 said:
He's talking about her taking the kids alone to the South of France and that She doesn't really need him anymore. Listen carefully, with some years and relationships behind you. Yeah I lost my parents too, even bodybaged them, but this song is not about Dad's (at least not in whole part- in part yes that's the magic)
I'm so sorry to hear that Orange333 :(

I agree with you that 'Kite' is very much a relationship song...in every sense, whether it be a father, a lover, a daughter... It's a classic song that people will remember ATYCLB for. It means something different almost every time I hear it...and I'm sometimes the narrator, and sometimes the one being spoken to. It's a conversational song that changes characters and placements over time in a seamless kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom