Kings of the Castle...Breathtaking pic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
i-1.JPG

Awesome...I realize that Slane happened for 80,000 fans both nights, but I still hold out hope that someday all fans will be able to relive those moment captured live on film.

Chris

Originally posted by jezebel:
excuse my ignorance....but where did this come from? It's a cover for the bootleg recording of Slane?

confused.gif

My cover of the boot doesn't look like this. Maybe this will be the cover for the DVD?? It's amazingly beautiful!!
smile.gif

Great picture!!!

I was very lucky to have been able to go, and let me tell you that I hope they do it again because every die hard U2 fan needs to experience something that big at least once in there life!!!

I love hearing the boot. Reminds me of the hours of waiting and the next day of having feet that ached (but happy feet) Anyway, Great picture and I hope they do in fact come out with a Slane video!!!

Thanks for posting that pic, Chris. It's nice...very nice.

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

excuse my ignorance....but where did this come from? It's a cover for the bootleg recording of Slane?

confused.gif

I found this picture while looking through ebay for U2 stuff...no, I didn't look at all 77 pages!
eek.gif
It was from a guy who was selling a very professionally produced boot of Slane 1. He showed both the front and back covers of the boot he was offering, and this picture is from his front cover. I hope this helps Jezebel.

Chris

Nice!
smile.gif
Nice memories.........yeah, DVD would be severely sweet.....and it was 85,000 at the first at least
wink.gif
I was definitely less squashed at the 2nd
tongue.gif

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
I found this picture while looking through ebay for U2 stuff...no, I didn't look at all 77 pages!
eek.gif
It was from a guy who was selling a very professionally produced boot of Slane 1. He showed both the front and back covers of the boot he was offering, and this picture is from his front cover. I hope this helps Jezebel.

Chris

**jezebel runs over to ebay**

Previous Productions:
"U2 Live from Slane" Sept 2001
Live music concert in post production at present.

"Elevation 2001: U2 Live from Boston" June 2001
Live music concert commissioned by management. Now available on DVD and sellthrough video.

Does that mean there'll be a Slane video out soon??

Very pretty.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by Eliv8:
Nice cover. Just one problem, the picture is of Moydrum Castle, not Slane.

Good point. I thought about this after right after I posted above. Still a sweet picture though.

I went to Slane 1 here is something to remind the rest of you who were there.

slane-thecrowd.jpg

slane-thecrowd2.jpg

Wow, there were soo many people!

I sent this link to a friend in England who attended Slane in '81 and last summer '01. Pretty awesome, huh?!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Unfortunately, there are no immediate plans for a release of the Slane show on video, dvd, or tv.

This is the response I received from dreamchaser.

Brian

Aww... I thought they would have come up with a Slane something by now. I do hope they change there mind and show it at some point in time.

Also those pictures of Slane just bring back sweet(or should I say sweaty?) memories!!HEHE!

How come so many of you from America managed to go to Slane? I'm from England and could'nt get a ticket for Slane! Just as well I suppose or I would of been bankrupt by now!

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
How come so many of you from America managed to go to Slane? I'm from England and could'nt get a ticket for Slane! Just as well I suppose or I would of been bankrupt by now!

At lot of us in the States had to buy an ETS package. ETS is the travel service which has handled U2 concert packages for many years now. What this meant is that we had to pay exorborant (sorry for my spelling) prices for a hotel in order to get tickets to Slane. But the transportation was very good. So, the bottom line was.....tix for my hubby and me costing $1300 American dollars!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what Jezebel wrote!!!

Oh and it cost me more cause I went by myself!! But was it worth it?? Hell yeah!!Lucky for me that debt is paid off!!!

At lot of us in the States had to buy an ETS package. ETS is the travel service which has handled U2 concert packages for many years now. What this meant is that we had to pay exorborant (sorry for my spelling) prices for a hotel in order to get tickets to Slane. But the transportation was very good. So, the bottom line was.....tix for my hubby and me costing $1300 American dollars!!!!!!!!!!

Jezebel, I for one think that was very reasonable, to see the greatest band U2 in their own country at Slane with your husband...sounds like a chance of a lifetime, and you followed your dreams.

Chris

I know this wont make sense but, why would (if it were possible) Slane be released it Elevation in Boston is already out there?

I mean, wouldnt this be the first (if it were possible) that a group has two concert vids out at two diff locations?

is that not wrong?

I mean, I wish it was Slane instead of Boston...........but I guess they like to record mid concert...or somethin..........

I dunno, it just doesnt seem right,,,,,,,,,,even if its just released on DVD................it would hardly be greed, just somethin huge that fans would want as it was a more 'special' concert......

hmmmmmmm

by the way fantastic piccie dahling!!!!!!

sorry, me maddie no wannie offendin big lads and lovely ladies hereio........
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom