Kinda disappointed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I know there's been a lot of great stuff coming from U2 in the 90s... And not enough tracks to contain them all in one Best of album...

I guess I'm just sad to see that none of M$H originals got on the list. :tsk: :tsk: :der: :banghead:

theSoulfulMofo said:
I know there's been a lot of great stuff coming from U2 in the 90s... And not enough tracks to contain them all in one Best of album...

I guess I'm just sad to see that none of M$H originals got on the list. :tsk: :tsk: :der: :banghead:

as opposed to all the covers???:mac:

What covers?

"Falling at Your Feet" was an original, which would be a great B-side.

"Stateless" another U2 classic no one's heard of much.

Ok, so "first time" is on the list... but still...

Doyouunderstandthewordsthatarecomingoutfrommymouth? :yell:

I'm with ya mate--but I really feel that The Ground Beneath Her Feet" will be a hidden track on the b-side disc, or if it can fit the A Side disc. The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Please, IMO, were the most blatant oversights. But it doesn't mater which song you think was left out, the most controversial part of the Best of is the fact that 2 ATYCLB songs are on it. That is what has pushed off other songs. I don't know many people who believe this was a good idea.

It doesn't bother me that certain songs didn't make the cut, and it wouldn't bother me if like "Mysterious Ways" didn't make the cut, well, because I already own most of their songs on CD anyway. Earlier I was kind of bummed that "Slow Dancing" didn't make it to the b-sides album, but hey, I already have it on the Stay single. *shrugs*

good point David--it is kinda funny that here we are arguing about songs we already have. Also agree about the b sides disc-real disappointment with all the remixes and not all b sides present.

The best of should give a representative overview of 1990-2000, and that's not the case!

* Electrical Storm, Hands that built... are new songs, not from the 1990-2000 period!
* Please, God will send his angels, Wild horses etc are ignored
* Stuck and Beautiful day should go to the 2000-2010 cd! along with the other ATYCLB songs.
* And in stead of those remixes, other B-sides should have been included, proper songs, there ae enough

CONCLUSION: they tried to make the album as commercial as possible (new songs, ATYCLB songs).
OK, I already have those songs, so you might think: 'why do you care?' but I care because I wanted a decade-overview and this is not! never thought U2 should care about numbers selling etc.
It's remarkable that the songs missing on the CD are put on the december DVD! They hope we buy all of it?

Where do people get all the B-Sides (besides people who own the singles)?!? I keep searching everywhere on Audiognome, Morpheus, Kazaa...everything...the only one I can ever find is Lady With The Spinning Head. :grumpy:

I'm running XP...

It gives me an error whenever I try to get into the setup screen...it says something like "This application was designed for Win95-98 only" and closes down...

Which is weird cause it worked fine on my dad's comp, which is also running the exact same version of XP...it's even installed of the same frickin' CD!!! Arrgh!!! :rant: :banghead: :yell: :mad:

Well, I used to use...

I used to search mine via Napster and Scour.

Lost all my mp3s a while back.

But I got what I wanted mostly from Sicy's FTP. (see MP3 forum here on Feedback)... Do a search on people's FTP sites... Sicy has mentioned her username/password occasionally on those threads... or you could ask her yourself ;)

You could check out other U2 fan sites... they usually have a few rare U2 Mp3 gems... I suggest you start off with www.u2station.com or ZooNation (I forgot the web address).

Good Luck!
thesoulfulmofo

achtung!

Oh yeah,... most media search engines have spyware that can freeze your computer activity... known spyware products include Kazaa, Morpheus, LimeWire, BearShare...

I suggest WinMX... They swear not to have spyware in theirs... It works pretty well too.

DaveC said:
I'm running XP...

It gives me an error whenever I try to get into the setup screen...it says something like "This application was designed for Win95-98 only" and closes down...

Which is weird cause it worked fine on my dad's comp, which is also running the exact same version of XP...it's even installed of the same frickin' CD!!! Arrgh!!! :rant: :banghead: :yell: :mad:

Thanks to Napster and backing-up my files before my hard drive fried, I have quite a large collection of U2 Mp3s (remixes, live, bsides, rarities, etc) and if you'd like me to burn them for you as MP3s drop me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom