Key points from Bono's Radio One XMas Day interview.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinn77

The Fly
He stated that "Stay" is his favourite track.
He confirmed Adam has rediscovered his "mojo". Is that musical or is he alluding to Adam's predeliction for supermodels? Hmmmmmm
U2's next album will be harder!!!!!!! (fucking cool)
He also wouldn't mind a shot at Springsteen styled acoustic solos.

I can't really agree with
"U2's next album will be harder"
Bono said it might not be rock at all OR it would be harder rock. He said it would be different to what we hear now basically.

Something else to add:

NO tour for around 2 years.

We Want to go China , We want to Play India

His 2nd fav u2 song is WITS

One of Greatest Moments :

Point Depot 89 , NY's Eve

jinn77 said:

He confirmed Adam has rediscovered his "mojo". Is that musical or is he alluding to Adam's predeliction for supermodels?

Considering Adam is getting married this year, I think it's musical.

:up: on a different album.

I don't see where the no tour for 2 years comment is coming from, when they don't even know when the next album's coming out.

He said that Best of selections usually mark the end of something, and that the band certainly reached the end of where they've been at with the last couple of albums. (a very important junction) He wants to take it to another level, see what else they can do with it.

Last edited:
He said 'Adam's on fire at the moment!' :lol:

At one bit I wasn't listening and just caught '... get your willy out!'
does anyone remember what that was concerning?!

bono_man2002 said:

Awww, He's just taking "The Heat" of Edge :wink:

Good, as we were all so worried for Edge's health!

if he likes "Stay" so much, why wasn't it played on the tour? Or did it just not fit into the "theme" :shrug:

and I think Bono didn't specifically "say" 2 years, I think it was something like a couple of years. I'd have to listen to it again. :hmm:

Yeah, it was "a couple of years." Did anyone really expect it to happen sooner than 2 years? Bono just told us something we already knew.

Well I must , If we wanted to make jokes about numbers , like in 2 years U2 will be touring again .... Meaning 2008

But beginnin in 2009 jan isn't bad either , i mean we're practically in 2007 , just 2 years gap from a tour , Would be Fantastic

Can't really complain , can we ?

2007 :

Keep ourselves busy with the iMax Movie and possibly PopMexico for Xmas

2008 : Big u2 year again

So if the Edge is on fire, and now Adam is on fire, when will Larry be on fire? Or is that black jumpsuit treated with flame retardant :)

silvrlvr said:
Btw, I'm not buying the "WITS is my second favorite U2 song." Of all time? Puleeze.

I think he really means that. I have heard so many artists say their favorite movie, song or whatever is the last one they worked on, (or what they are currently working on.) He is such an in the moment kind of person that doesn't surprise me at all, but then again there are so many GREAT U2 songs how does one choose? It must be like chosing a favorite child in front of all your children. I have heard him say that Angel of Harlem was his favorite U2 song also... so maybe he really does say what he feels is his favorite song when he is in THAT moment. ?? Who knows... I love WITS too.. in Honolulu I think I was the only one singing every word and dancing around in my section!

Jeannieco said:

I think he really means that. I have heard so many artists say their favorite movie, song or whatever is the last one they worked on, (or what they are currently working on.) He is such an in the moment kind of person that doesn't surprise me at all, but then again there are so many GREAT U2 songs how does one choose? It must be like chosing a favorite child in front of all your children. I have heard him say that Angel of Harlem was his favorite U2 song also... so maybe he really does say what he feels is his favorite song when he is in THAT moment. ?? Who knows... I love WITS too.. in Honolulu I think I was the only one singing every word and dancing around in my section!

I now I’ve said this before, but regardless of my opinion of their current work, I would hope they think it is their best. I’d be pissed off if they are putting out stuff that they think is only so-so.

I didn't figure they would tour again until at LEAST 2008, maybe 2009......it takes massive efforts to coordinate huge tours, and that takes time. :wink: I hope they take their time.

Jeannieco said:

Yes, I see your point: why would you pick Streets or The Fly when WITS is the one that you've got to sell? And I'm sure he loves it, given that it's his latest creation.

But "I took eight piano lessons, I wrote eight songs" is going to join the pantheon of Bonoisms. He's been trotting that out since his travels with NBC this summer. At least Adam is on fire now, and he can retire "The Edge is on fire" for a while.

Re: Re: Key points from Bono's Radio One XMas Day interview.

U2girl said:

He said that Best of selections usually mark the end of something, and that the band certainly reached the end of where they've been at with the last couple of albums. (a very important junction) He wants to take it to another level, see what else they can do with it.

Interesting... :hmm: Can't wait to see if this actually comes true.

Adam is on fire now? Maybe the next one will be a bass-heavy album! That would be cool. Whatever they do, I'm sure they will take a good long time to make sure that it is just right before they release it. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom