Keep One on the CBC in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here's a vote to keep U2 on Canada's National Playlist on CBC. Each week a group of panelists select 4 new songs from the 8 nominated for the list while the 4 songs with the lowest vote count get removed. This week One made the list, finally a U2 song. Well, if it keeps getting enough votes, it stays on the list and gets airplay. Revolution has been there for a month now.

Go here click vote and you're done. You can vote everyday. Listen to Lisa Ladouceur's pitch too, she only has 50 seconds to convince the other panelists that the song deserves to be on the playlist. I thought she did a pretty good job.

http://www.cbc.ca/nationalplaylist/index.html

trevster2k said:
Here's a vote to keep U2 on Canada's National Playlist on CBC. Each week a group of panelists select 4 new songs from the 8 nominated for the list while the 4 songs with the lowest vote count get removed. This week One made the list, finally a U2 song. Well, if it keeps getting enough votes, it stays on the list and gets airplay. Revolution has been there for a month now.

Go here click vote and you're done. You can vote everyday. Listen to Lisa Ladouceur's pitch too, she only has 50 seconds to convince the other panelists that the song deserves to be on the playlist. I thought she did a pretty good job.

http://www.cbc.ca/nationalplaylist/index.html

Hey, she had seven seconds left for her pitch! Playlist is an interesting show. I listen to it most days during lunch. It reminds me of the Survivor polls we're doing here. Jian Ghomeshi, the host, is a softer and sweeter version of Axver :uhoh: Actually, he's a little too pleasing with his comments, so I'll take Axver's brutal honesty..;)

The only problem I have with the show is that it tries to be all things to all people. One day, they'll have The Arcade Fire, the next it'll be Aunt Suzie's Country Club, or something weird like that. Other times, they try to be too hip. The best part of the show, however, is the rotating guest panel, who critique a new batch of songs every week.

Anyway, I'm going on and on about something nobody cares about, I'm sure :happy:

You're right about the pretentiousness but at least it is better than most of the radio stuff out there. I also like that Freestyle afternoon show, they play some different artists there too.

I can't believe I'm pimping the CBC, gawd, I'm old. :ohmy:

trevster2k said:
You're right about the pretentiousness but at least it is better than most of the radio stuff out there. I also like that Freestyle afternoon show, they play some different artists there too.

I can't believe I'm pimping the CBC, gawd, I'm old. :ohmy:

No, pimp away! :hyper: It needs the support. I know this first-hand, and that's all I can say...:shh: With everything I do, I try to look at it through the eyes and ears of those less represented (ie. seniors, youth, those less fortunate). We need more George Stroumboulopoulos-type people. As someone his age, I really admire what he does. I care about the CBC greatly, and hopefully I can play a small role in keeping it together for the next generation.

It needs to be an addictive kind of glue for the nation...a little more like Interference ;)

the cbc lockout sure felt like a long time, didn't it? definitely the best canada has to offer.

and no chance am i voting for 'one', when they have stars available. listen to 'your ex-lover is dead', i dare you not to love it. i DARE YOU.

Zoomerang96 said:
the cbc lockout sure felt like a long time, didn't it? definitely the best canada has to offer.

and no chance am i voting for 'one', when they have stars available. listen to 'your ex-lover is dead', i dare you not to love it. i DARE YOU.

Oh, stars have been there for 3 weeks now, I got the cd, they do rock.:wink: but U2 needs some love. Besides you can vote every 24 hours. Support both!!:wink:

bonoman said:
George Stromb or whatever his frigggen last name is. He is great! His show the hour is an hour of tv not to be missed!

You said he is great - I think you meant great & HOT:wink: :drool:

Re: Re: Keep One on the CBC in Canada

angelordevil said:
It reminds me of the Survivor polls we're doing here. Jian Ghomeshi, the host, is a softer and sweeter version of Axver :uhoh: Actually, he's a little too pleasing with his comments, so I'll take Axver's brutal honesty..;)

:lol:

As much as I'd love to support U2, I don't think I can bring myself to vote for One.

awwww, stars vs. U2?? sorry guys, i'm gonna have to be uber-canadian and go with stars on this one.
bonoman said:
George Stromb or whatever his frigggen last name is. He is great!
george strombawhatshisname... :drool:

GeorgeSmall.jpg

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom