Justin likes U2... oh he's so dreamy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Was just checkin' out the VH1 "Top 100 moments that rocked TV" thing... U2's Super Bowl performance was like #92 or somewhere around there... they had some lady from TV Guide, Richie Sambora, and Mr. N'Sync himself Justin Timberlake singing U2's praises. Just called the half time show "the most emotional performance I've ever seen."

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
y'all stop hatin' on Mr Justified. he has good taste! at least he didn't bad mouth U2.
True...true....
Ok...I don't hate him *personally*....but I still hate his mug, tho:no: :scream:

)
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
y'all stop hatin' on Mr Justified. he has good taste! at least he didn't bad mouth U2.

No one with good taste would ever date Britney Spears. But I suppose he is better than Henry Rollins :)madspit:). I saw him on tv today and started grumbling at him. My dad was in the kitchen and asked who I was complaining about. I said Henry Rollins. He said "who's that?" I said "exactly"

so in conclusion Justin is better than Henry Rollins but still :yuck:

yep, he also likes Radiohead

he knows his classics
so do I
I would also be a wortless musician

salome, dont forget coldplay.

im sure you read that article about him saying radiohead and coldplay are like the modern day beatles.

surely you agree?

david said:
Justin is what Michael Jackson wishes he could be: The White Michael Jackson.

LOFL :lmao:

My response regarding Justin saying that he likes U2 wasn't some attitude of mine that only certain people are worthy of liking U2. I responded that way because I doubt that what he said was very sincere. He probably knows Beautiful Day, Streets, and a few other big hits of thier's. I would be shocked if he owned a single U2 cd (that he actually listens too) or if he could name a single U2 song that wasn't a single. I think he says that he likes them (or other bands like Radiohead, ect) because he thinks that he's supposed to like them. He says these things too make him look good and to try to give himself some kind of musical credibility. You certainly can't see any influences that such bands have had on his music.

ILuvLarryMullen said:

LOFL :lmao:

My response regarding Justin saying that he likes U2 wasn't some attitude of mine that only certain people are worthy of liking U2. I responded that way because I doubt that what he said was very sincere. He probably knows Beautiful Day, Streets, and a few other big hits of thier's. I would be shocked if he owned a single U2 cd (that he actually listens too) or if he could name a single U2 song that wasn't a single. I think he says that he likes them (or other bands like Radiohead, ect) because he thinks that he's supposed to like them. He says these things too make him look good and to try to give himself some kind of musical credibility. You certainly can't see any influences that such bands have had on his music.

:yes: Yeah, I'll bet you're right!

I find the suggestions that Justin Timberlake can't enjoy some artists because of the music he makes himself rather ridiculous

i can't believe I'm defending a pop star...lord help us all

ILuvLarryMullen said:

You certainly can't see any influences that such bands have had on his music.

Bono loves Abba..but you don't hear much of an Abba influence on a U2 cd. I guess that means that Bono is just pretending to like their music, but really only knows "Dancing Queen." :rolleyes:

I guess I don't see why you have to rationalize and dimish Justin's opinions, or doubt his "sincerity". So what, he likes U2...they have mass appeal, I don't see what the big deal is. So what, he makes crappy music...in all actuality men in business suits write the songs, Justin sings them and dances around, and everyone goes home very rich at the end of the day. I guess the way he chose to use his musical ability must render him completely unable to form an opinion on anything.

Of course instead of that rambling...I could have just said I agree with Salome ...

LOL at david's comment.

wertsie said:
:barf: I don't understand why people find Justin attractive. :shrug:

Neither do I...I personally don't get the appeal (then again, I've never been known to go for the "pretty boys").

And as for what Chrisedge said, LOL-hey, I personally am indifferent to Britney Spears-I can take her or leave her. I definitely won't deny that she is pretty, she certainly is.

Anywho, that being said, while I personally cannot stand Justin Timberlake's music or him in general, I must agree with daisybean on this one. So Justin doesn't make what we consider to be good music-that doesn't mean that he can't enjoy the classic artists. Like daisybean said, Bono likes ABBA, but you don't hear his music sounding like theirs (thank god...no offense to ABBA fans).

At least he's got good taste in bands. And he's been known to say at awards shows that he feels U2 should've won a certain award when *N Sync beat U2 out (like at the MTV VMA show where U2 got the Video Vanguard award). He knows they're legends.

And I think that's good.

Angela

Last edited:
In all fairness, Justin *did* know Britney LONG before she made it big. And his new solo album is acutally not that bad - I was actually somewhat impressed with some songs. Like it or not, the kid does have talent. And I gotta admit, he is lookin' rather fine these days...

00316218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom