Just watched Hot Press Awards on TV....Bono was langers!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Man, he was sooo sooo pissed!
biggrin.gif
Fair play to him, he was really funny too! Great show, they talked to Bono backstage too, and get this, he saw the video of Slane, so it EXISTS!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
Hehe, seriously, I watched him talk about it, he was saying that it was an emotional day at Slane1, that they were keening, or something, which means bawling or lettin out sadness in public, and then he went on to Slane2, which he described as pure joy, a real ROCK SHOW!! He commented on how they filmed it, and the fact that he felt he would never watch it or get the chance to watch it, but the other day he got the video and he said it is incredible, yep, looks damn likely it'll be released!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
But during Edge's acceptance speech he never mentioned it as was said here, maybe they cut it.

And on the new album, Edge was commenting on it, about the whole rock factor and Bono joined in sayin it was an exciting time, that the next album could be the best one, cos it was a real rock time now, with bands from Sweden(the Hives?) and New York(Strokes?) and places around the world, and that once again it was about the music, the message, and not that other bollocks.

Bono also screwed up presentin the Best International Live act, readin the winner before he had even read the nominees, he was so drunk!
biggrin.gif
Radiohead got it, and he was very complementing.

He also went on about how great it was to get a night out seeing as he was stuck at home under nappies as the missus was off savin the world, and he screwed up when readin the auto queue as well, a barrel of laughs! Larry was funny too, twas a gas night and they looked like they had a ball, esepcially Bono, and here's to Slane2 DVD and a kick ass album!!!!

Oh yeah, for those of you in Britian, it's on BBC choice I think tomorrow, and also on Tv3 here in Ireland again tomorrow. (twas on BBC Northern Ireland tonight)

And you Americans, Ash who won the best album award are releasin said album, Free All Angels, in a few weeks over there, so watch out for it!!!!

The Frames and David Kitt also performed, more mighty Irish artists, it was definitely a damn fine showcase of Irish music!

Wow, thanks for the report! I was hoping one of the PLEBA girls would see it and tell me if Bono looked HOT!
wink.gif
Well was he? You say he was drunk? Oh, no, not again! Thanks for the info. Is there somewhere we can see video or highlights of this online?

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Great review lazyboy thanks. Sounded like a great night. I think it is cool the drummer from the Corrs won the muso award and LMJ presented it to her. Choice.
Fairs fair Bono, your turn (the nappy thing lol)Go get 'em Ali, thanks.
Langers? that is a new one on me. I think I may have been a touch langers meself last night
biggrin.gif

Cheers to your toast lazyboy....Slane2 2001 video and a rocking U2 album
smile.gif
smile.gif

Did he really say bollocks? LMAO I miss so much down here, rotfl.

Originally posted by lazyboy:
He (Bono) also went on about how great it was to get a night out seeing as he was stuck at home under nappies as the missus was off savin the world

Is it just me, or do any other women here think the imagine of Bono changing "nappies" may be one of the sexiest things he's ever done?

I think this only counts if you're a mommy. Crzy4Bono?? Anyone??

OMG, do you think this means I want another baby?
eek.gif

------------------
"Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Originally posted by Like O2:
Is it just me, or do any other women here think the imagine of Bono changing "nappies" may be one of the sexiest things he's ever done?

OMG, do you think this means I want another baby?
eek.gif

What does nappy mean? I thought it meant frizzy hair!

BTW, I have babies, and I used to work in a day care center. Still I'm at a loss?
confused.gif

Will someone tell me if Bono looked hot?!

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Haha, Like02, yer a sicko
wink.gif

And lol, ya, he said bollocks Cass, and langers is a word here to describe when you very drunk, langer means something completely different
eek.gif

Desire4Bono, ahem, Bono, well, he was very...shaky on the feet, he looked kinda tired the poor guy, but still happy! He wasn't wearin his shades either. Larry looked really freakily young when presentin Caroline Corr.

Other funny bits were when then drummer of Ash was acceptin an award, he said he was freaked out, but not half as freaked out as he was while Edge stared really weirdly at him durin their performance
biggrin.gif
He shouted at Edge, "Wear some shades or something!!"

And Bono was very gracious when recievin the best male award sayin he was a bad singer, which the crowd responded with a dis-believin hush, and well, he went on to say he just sang from a great place, U2
smile.gif

I think Larry has a thing for Caroline too, he never shut up bout her, how great she was and how good she looked
biggrin.gif

And snow patrol, a small band here were backstage and gas when they said it was great just to be there and sayin in disbelief "Bono reaaalllly drinks!!" hehe

Diapers? I've never heard them called that.

Bono sure sounded- drunk. Thanks for the report anyway Lazyboy. You're a whole lot less lazy than those PLEBA girls. I thought they'd be right on this one!

------------------

Lol, no bother desire4Bono, I'm sure if ya go to a few search engines you'll track pics and maybe some videos of it. Hotpress should have a site themselves, or try showbizireland.com(hate that site but they might have something)

Thanks for the report, lazy!!

That sounds so much fun on the show!! I wish I could see it... well... *jealous of everyone who can watch it*

Hm... I don't know if Bono changing nappies is sexy or not, but that quote definately makes me LMAO!!!
icon37.gif

Originally posted by Like O2:

Hell yeah! Bono can change nappies at my house any time!
wink.gif

No really, I think the idea of a man who gives a crap about the kids is indeed really sexy. Must be a mommy thing.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Spyplane:
SWEET!
Glad he/they was able to get trashed and have a good time!

Is it just me, or is Bono always trashed and having a good time? Whatta life...

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Thanks for telling us! Oh I want to see this sooooo bad!

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

Hey Lazyboy I hate to ask such a dumb question but did Bono cut off all his hair? IT sure looks awful short in the few pics I've seen. How did it look to you?

I dunno Stormy, he had it under his army cap the whole time! I think he mighta had it off one time or so, backstage maybe, but ahem, I wasn't exactly spottin his hair, sorry
tongue.gif
Where's Maddie when ya need her?
biggrin.gif

And Oz, hehe, I think his "glint" was a bit further on than the one in ISHFWILF
wink.gif
I think Bono is a bit self conscious nowadays when he goes up to make a speech, cos he has got such slaggin and goin overs from people and the press for his "borin" speeches, but when he realsied the crowd were right behind him and not bitter, he was a right oul laugh!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:

What does nappy mean? I thought it meant frizzy hair!

*begins Desire4Bono mocking
biggrin.gif

Um...like DUH!

Here's a baby. Someone says to change the nappy. What do you THINK it means? To change the baby's frizzy hair?
biggrin.gif

You don't have to know the exact vernacular of the Irish/English to figure out that one. For example, if someone said, "I hoovered the living room" I can assure you it doesn't mean they were floating above the room or that they put in a bunch of Hoover appliances.
wink.gif

*ends Desire4Bono mocking

All in fun!
wink.gif
Luv ya!

*edited typo

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 04-27-2002).]

I dunno Stormy, he had it under his army cap the whole time! I think he mighta had it off one time or so, backstage maybe, but ahem, I wasn't exactly spottin his hair, sorry
tongue.gif
Where's Maddie when ya need her?
biggrin.gif

SO I guess if it was anything radically different you would have noticed? I know you're not interested in his looks. But the drunk story was funny.

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-27-2002).]

I know Stormy, don't worry, I think he still has his hair
tongue.gif
But from my own view, ya, he should cut it short, Pop look suited him better, at least he didn't have the big shoe polish filled mullett!
biggrin.gif

And we have a bit of a smart arse in our midst huh Doctor Who?!
wink.gif
Ya big gobshite ya, I guess ya know all the lingo huh? Us boggers from the emerald isle could really have ya goin you know.......

I know Stormy, don't worry, I think he still has his hair
tongue.gif

Thanks!
smile.gif
It looked short to me in the pics, but that's what I call short. POP wasn't short, it was gone! Well if he has any hair at all it's better than POP. I think that's the only one that didn't suit him. Bono needs his hair! The black hair makes him cuter I think. But you aren't interested in his looks! I wonder why they didn't perform at the show? I mean if all four members were there, why not?

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
I am very happy lazy that you failed to metion that most abyssmal performance by 6. Six.
eek.gif

Oh gawwwd ya!!! That was sickenin!!! And Westlife!!!!!!!!!! What the fuck?!?!?! But hey, at least they looked fearful for their lives with all the hardened rockers watchin them perform
biggrin.gif
Might eat away at their conscience sittin in a room with proper musicians who are makin less money than them.

Fair play to David Holmes though, when gettin his award..."what's the difference between Belfast and Dublin? Belfast has no boybands!!" That got the biggest cheer of the night, and I woulda loved to see Ash and Westlife sharin the same buildin let alone room! Little fuckers
mad.gif

Kill all boybands.........manufactured bands must be destroyed....
tongue.gif

Thank you for that detailed report Lazy!!! I loved it. LMAO @ Bono reading the winners name first!
biggrin.gif

Kill all boybands.........manufactured bands must be destroyed....
tongue.gif

YES! The sooner the better! They should stop calling them 'bands' because bands play instruments. They are only song and dance men- I mean boys. I hate them all!

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

It's always been changing nappies in our house for my "Bono". He's been known to be a bit langers too.

Thanks for the report!! Seems like all the boys had a great time in the beautiful city of Belfast!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

I dunno why they didn't perform, they never really do on small shows like that in Ireland. I guess it has somethin to do with the fact they didn't wanna overshadow the other acts, and the place woulda been mobbed if they were plannin on performin, remember they played out of sight of the street on the Clarence roof? And still thousands turned up! I dunno, alot of pressure playin in Ireland for them too.

And about the north, Larry said thanks to all the fans for travellin down south for the gigs, and hopefully it'd be U2 doin the travellin next time! Hint Hint!

Originally posted by doctorwho:
*begins Desire4Bono mocking
biggrin.gif

Um...like DUH!

Here's a baby. Someone says to change the nappy. What do you THINK it means? To change the baby's frizzy hair?
biggrin.gif

You don't have to know the exact vernacular of the Irish/English to figure out that one.

*ends Desire4Bono mocking

All in fun!
wink.gif
Luv ya!

If I had taken it in its context I guess I should've figured it out. In America, nappy means frizzy hair. The guy who used to run Napster named it after his childhood nickname because his hair was nappy.

I have never heard diapers called nappys. We've called them changes or Pampers (regardless of brand) but that's it. My husband has never touched one in his life.

I've never heard the term LANGERS either but I figured it out from the story. Around here we have the following terms for drunk:

plastered
wasted
corked to the gills
on a bender
off the wagon
out of his gourd
hugging the porcelain bus
flushed
lushed
staggering, stinking, puking, passed out on the floor blind DRUNK!

Can anybody name more? I know there are other names for intoxication!

Back
Top Bottom