just to make you all even more confused......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
i emailed melodicrock.com about the validity of their report that "Solar" is coming out March 9th, and here's the response i just got:

"G'Day Mike,
That was a firm date from the label, but as things go - changes happen quickly.
I'm now told May is the due month.

Best Regards,
Andrew."

so yeah..........

lol. sorry i didn't have anything better.

i just thought i'd share what i was told.

for interference.com, i am mikal, reporting from "where the album has no name." back to you tom!

when is bono going to africa, and when will he come back? I think the release depends on that.

mikal said:
i emailed melodicrock.com about the validity of their report that "Solar" is coming out March 9th, and here's the response i just got:

"G'Day Mike,
That was a firm date from the label, but as things go - changes happen quickly.
I'm now told May is the due month.

Best Regards,
Andrew."

so yeah..........

So it is called Solar ? :confused:

What we got to do is email a bunch of sites that are reporting the same thing and find out if they all got their info from the label, if it's true then that means the album is indeed called Solar and will be out in the next few maybe 4 months. I think that publicist said what she did to quell rumours on the internet and basically shut us all up. :madspit:

Last edited:
I work at a record store and we just started taking reservations for the album today. there isnt a release date or album name, but word around the company is it's a May release.

spencr00 said:
I work at a record store and we just started taking reservations for the album today. there isnt a release date or album name, but word around the company is it's a May release.

reservations already!

well for me this piece of information is the most believable thing so far......

personally, a may release, it just seems right, i can feel it.....

one year after my second fav band live released their latest album.....may the month of musical magic.....

bring on may

spencr00 said:

Do you guys take reservations after you talk to the record company or just on speculation ?

intedomine said:

reservations already!

well for me this piece of information is the most believable thing so far......

personally, a may release, it just seems right, i can feel it.....

one year after my second fav band live released their latest album.....may the month of musical magic.....

bring on may

Originally I thought March for the album but now i feel a May release too and a single in April. :)

We start taking reservations when we have an approximate date from the record company, even though it might not be official. At first, i wondered if the approximate date was march 9th, as many websites are advertising that date, but that appears not to be the case

bayernfc said:
I've got a crazy idea.... How about we just disable this section of the board until we actually hear some official "single" news.

That the most sensible posting yet!!!

StlElevation said:
bonos birthday present: millions of dollars in record sales?

you were just exepting a plan old birthday card?

great news this is!, although as good as that sounds..
http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/jmr/mon_release/MAR-2004

that site has it down as Tuesday 9th March.......etiher date
i belive that the march release might happen, since bono says the first single will be out first week of febuary.....but we'll have to wait and see

Edit: march 9 is only 51 days away....

Last edited:
bayernfc said:
I've got a crazy idea.... How about we just disable this section of the board until we actually hear some official "single" news.

why?

hasn't JAM said that the release date is only "estimated" and in fact is unconfirmed?!
:eyebrow:

iak said:
hasn't JAM said that the release date is only "estimated" and in fact is unconfirmed?!
:eyebrow:

yep.. they said that in a rely to an email I'd sent them about the supposed March 9th release date. that date was just a guess on their part, they have no official information from the label as of yet...

Back
Top Bottom