Just ordered the U2 ipod!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Fanatic4ever said:
I was so excited about this news when I first heard it last week. I said, ok if this rumor is true I know what I want for xmas. :wink:
Anyways told the hubby that I know what I want for xmas, and he was like...really I can't believe you have this figured out! (side note...I am the worse when it comes to deciding what I want, every year I never know till the last minute) So, I said I want the U2 ipod if it comes out as rumored. He was ok...
We both have been wanting to get a ipod anyways and have tons of mp3s on our puter. So, he's out to sea (in the navy) right now and the minute the apple store posted the u2 ipod today... I ordered that sucker! :cool:

Now I just have to wait 3 weeks....oooooooh the agony! :crazy: :lmao:

Anyone else gonna order it?

U R pathetic!!!

Is there no mystery with mariage, don't answer that.

it's already for 'sale' on ebay :yikes:

i really want one. i'm putting it on my christmas wish list. dunno if it'll happen though.

gorman said:

How do you figure? Pretty much every other HD-based MP3 player out there is right around the same price, bulky, has a lesser battery life, a smaller hard drive, terrible usability, terrible software, and the list goes on. The iPod, hands down, has the best interface out there. iTunes is also the best music management software out there, period. The combination of the two create a very powerful, yet easy to use system.

it comes doen to a matter of opinion on the mp3 players. i have nothing against apple or ipod. i like the size, but don't care about the name or styling. i have an mp3 player that is over 2 years old that works perfectly, hold 40gb and cost $225 2 years ago. if you compare prices, a 40 gb ipod is till twice the cost of the one i bought two years ago. i have downloaded music from itunes (a grand total of about 5 songs) and don't use the their software at all- don't really like it that much.

as for usability, my mp3 player could not be easier. with windows xp it is plug and play with not set-up. you use it just like a hard drive. my battery life is about 10 hours, and i have never had it run out

my point simply is if you look a little there are options that are comparable for much less money. i would prefer a slightly (very slight- about an inch longer) bigger mp3 machine that holds 2-4x as much as an ipod for less money. i can fit about 1/5 of my cd collection on a 20gb ipod and there is no way i'm paying 400 bucks (for the 40gb ipod) when i can by an 80gb for that same price.

i don't care that people what the u2 one, thats cool. i just care more about how much it can hold, and the bottom line is price for me.

Last edited:
Hey starsgoblue, you might be able to get a student discount if you purchase the U2 ipod. Help you save a little $$.

Back
Top Bottom