Just Got Live Aid DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chewystick69

The Fly
I hope that anyone in their 30's or 40's buys the Live Aid DVD. It comes in 4 DVDs. And it is awesome. I've seen the U2 video recently but not on DVD. They stole the show! That is why they are the BEST Band in the World!

I totally agree, Live Aid was the first time I really saw U2 and they totally blew me away and after that I was hooked. There was something so hypnotic and compelling about Bad that made me fall in love with it straight away!
I was only 10 at the time but I knew that love would last forever!!!
It's still my favourite song and has performance has never been bettered(although the version from Wide awake in America comes close).
U2 were easily the best band that they although I accept that Queen were pretty good too:)

There's a ton of great stuff on that DVD set, but I definitely go back and watch it for U2, same with the Live 8 set.

Sorry, but 1stepcloser are you mad?
That is the best version of Bad there has ever been, in catapulted U2 into worldwide fan and got millions of fans into U2(including a 10 year old me!) Sunday Bloody Sunday is a great song and it was a great version but it is no stretch of the imagination in anyway in the same league as Bad!

^(the :drool: smilie is kind of like homer simpson drooling over a donut...it's a good thing :wink: ) Bad definitely did rule! :drool:

Oh many apologies for my internet incompetence:)
I haven't a clue what half these smileys mean!
Bad rules!!!!

I haven't got this DVD yet, that's because I'm a teenager and I don't even know half the acts on there! But I've seen U2's set and it is so wicked!:drool: :drool: I was lucky enough to be at Live 8, but I flippin' missed U2 because of the bloody queue!

I haven't seen it yet either. How many U2 songs are there on it? I'm sure most of the others are really a blast from the past - I'm not so sure I want to see the others!! :lol:

That DVD is amazing! I love it to pieces. The Queen performance I have to say was absolutely amazing it gave me chills!
U2 performance :drool: I love watching them during those days it was so raw! :drool:

U2's Live Aid performance blows me away every time i see it :bow: :bow:

I think that was the day when i just knew they were going to be MASSIVE!!!! :hyper: :hyper: I got it for xmas&it's so great to be able to watch all the performances on dvd :happy: and it's a brilliantly packaged set with lots of pix of the artists on the discs and the booklet's great too!

Also, when i watched U2 back on July 13 1985, that was the day when i said to myself i'm going to meet Bono one day&i did :dance: :combust:

Thanks :wink: It was during the Zoo tour and even tho' that's quite a long time ago, i remember it so well&he was sooooo sweet! :bow: :cute: :combust:

Thanks! :wink: i went totally crazee afterwards&could hardly breathe! :drool: is he your fave?

Yes, he is my favourite! I love him! I'm imaginig right now being next to Bono....:drool: :sad:

Your fave in all?:wink:

Last edited:
Before I reply to this let me first state U2 are my favourite band and have been for the last 18 years. At the time of Live aid They were up there as maybe not my favourite but not far off.

Chewystick69 said:
I hope that anyone in their 30's or 40's buys the Live Aid DVD. It comes in 4 DVDs. And it is awesome. I've seen the U2 video recently but not on DVD. They stole the show! That is why they are the BEST Band in the World!

For anyone who actually watched Live aid as it happened U2 did not steel the show Queen did.

Even watching now many, many years later Queen were totally out of this world.They blew everyone away.
A band who everyone thought were washed up and yet they were still awesome.
(Fast forward to 2005 replace Queen with Pink Floyd. Similar circumstances, similar performance to put it into context)

As for U2's performance SBS was a brilliant performance.

Now this is where I get the howls of derrision!

Bad totally lost me and it still does.

I agree that as far as U2 were concerned it was a carreer defining moment. Would they have scaled the hights without it who knows?.

I can remember watching at the time and being really dissapointed that they hadn't played Pride. They played an album track (at the time not well known) that lasted what 15 mins or so?.As I said at the start I love u2 But I was left a little cold by them that day. Sorry!!

Oh, just out of interest my top band at the time was not Queen.
Just thought I would point that out.

Back
Top Bottom