Just got back from the NYC show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
u24.jpg

u23.jpg

u22.jpg

u21.jpg

cell phone pics from stage left... unbelievable... i'm still in awe... i need some sleep

Yes, you most certainly do need some sleep....and a hare of the dog too perhaps?? ;)

Sorry for heckling your man yesterday...That's what happens when I'm on 2 hours of sleep!! Oops!

Too bad I didn't catch you later on! Michelle and I stuck around for a while because the security received a call from Interscope that the band was dropping by but they never did....

yes'um... i was next to the abc lady. blue shirt, jeans, silver & blue sunglasses... camera in one hand, cell phone in the other... twas me.

Are you tall with light hair??? I've had no sleep in days, but I think I remember you! I was the one with the sunglasses on most of the time and I was talking to Dallas for a minute..

What great stories and wonderful pics. I loved reading it all.
Thanks to everyone who posted, I felt like I was there after all :)
I think the moment that sounds unforgettable is when U2 finally was coming over the bridge..... I cant imagine the excitement!!!

U2SJ said:

I think the moment that sounds unforgettable is when U2 finally was coming over the bridge..... I cant imagine the excitement!!!

It was truly a once in a lifetime experience! I still can't get over it! Between meeting Bono and Adam saturday and the concert I haven't eaten or slept in 4 days! SOOOOO worth it :up:

Im so happy for you one4u2, I know how you feel, Im still on a high from meeting Bono and that was weeks ago! Awww the power of U2 :D
:drool:

blueyedpoet said:

That was so inspirational that i just had to write...it's a little rough and has so many U2 referrences...oh well...all i have is a simple acoustic chord pattern

Bound by shackles of fear
held captive to media-driven cliches
this soul longs to feel once like Before
to taste the dirt, to wrestle once again

do you hear the sounds of car-parked sermons?
exploding like cherry flies in the night sky
we’ve been so lost, so blind
we want grace - we find loss

but suddenly like a dove cast from above
the rush of crowds strips the soul bare
the shackles fall...the chains undone
and I start smelling that scent

woohoa
woohoa
the hands of time fall
like before but we run
we run

not bound to fear
not resound to take it more
I wanna live, I wanna fly
Make love another day
I wanna make Now forever

That's great! I really like the last line, I know exactly the feeling ur putting across right there. It's that middle of the nite feeling u get while u hold the one u love listening 2 the rain beat down on your window outside. Or that euphoric rush of a gig - elation.

Yeah, I know. Brilliant!

Last edited:
h##p://homepage.mac.com/gjdow/PhotoAlbum3.html

Pictures I took. I'm back home in Chicago now, and it was worth it. There was so much energy from the crowd and from the band.

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:

Yes, you most certainly do need some sleep....and a hare of the dog too perhaps?? ;)

Sorry for heckling your man yesterday...That's what happens when I'm on 2 hours of sleep!! Oops!

Too bad I didn't catch you later on! Michelle and I stuck around for a while because the security received a call from Interscope that the band was dropping by but they never did....

it's quite alright... yea i had to throw tony in a cab real quick because he was getting mobbed... he went back into the store without his sunglasses on so as not to cause trouble, but someone he knew wanted to take a picture with him so he put them back on... and when he put them back on the mob all rushed him... thus i had to pull him out and throw him in a cab before they got all ron artest on us lol.

i would've swung back up once i got to penn station but i noticed there was a train home leaving in 10 minutes and i was exhausted so i just hopped it and took off... next time you're in new york i'll have to give you the grand tour :wink:

Knox, awesome, awesome pictures... I am still sniffing over mine and trying to fix them as best as I can.

*curses airports*

Will post some later...

Hi everyone..im a long time lurker fisrt time poster...

I got to Brooklyn at 7:30am yesterday-spent an awesome day meeting most of you adn was blown away at 4:30! It was an unbelievable time and if I never truly got bach to thef ront row spot I claimed at 7:30 am, being 4 or so people back by the time they let me reclaim my position is nothing to sneeze at!

Mirasalva how was your trip back?

Anyway Im still on an emotional high from yesterday but jsut had to join in with th revelers....

I write for a frines website and will post hte link to my full review after he has it....

Marc!

I was so bummed for all of our crew! I kept trying to figure out where everyone ended up after the cluster... Sadly, most front row spots were not held but those that earned them like you! :wink:

Trip back was fine. Still loopy. Only took a 2 hour nap after work, slept maybe 3 hours last night, worked all day. Should probably head to bed now that I think about it... just keep looking for pictures :|

youtwohearts said:

Today is my birthday so it was like U2 played at my birthday party although I didn't know all the people that showed up.

:laugh: "...Happy B-Day to U, Happy B-Day to U..." <what a present!!!!!!!>

I consider this a Thanksgiving "present" to me from the Spirits of R&R!.

I've waited 21 years for this- being closer than I ever had in concert to U2 AND being able to get my camera inside; after I was obligated to attend something else in stead and didn't see U2 in summer '83.

Back then when I could have gotten very close and be allowed to have a professional camera in there! < the years just before everyone in R&R concerts started to clamp down on cameras, esp big pro-type cameras, which is what I always took to concerts further backthan u2 & is what I used last nite>

One4U2 and I were front row off to the left side. Right in front of Bono when he was holding up the Irish Flag. I don't think I will be coming down from this high for a little while yet.

WOW!!! How early did you get there?
I didn't have tix, sO iwas very grateful to get inside later!!!

:eek: OMG!I was so stunned when Bono started heading over that way! At first I didn't know why he was heading this till I saw him reach for the flag! Did I take a photo.?

:huh:In the excitment :hyper: I don't remeber now if I'd already ran out offilm! :lmao:! But I might try drawing it from memory sometime in the next several weeks.

Eventually i think a bit before the encore- I must have been about 15 people back off to your left.

I was orginally more like 20 'rows'[people] back {and closer than any u2 concert I've ever been to}, but I followed another photographer in a bit closer as we could squeeze through.

Last edited:
oh yeah

Diane L said:
Yes! I was there! After being such a drama queen yesterday :reject:, I decided to take a chance. And no one checked my ticket!

There are no words for what I am feeling right now--just sheer joy and delight. I am in love with the world!
[/QUOTI walked outmy door this early afternoon with COBLplayingonmy walkman and I leaped up three times as I walked down the block signing the chorus. Sooooo zooming!

I said [{to the Universe}I have got to make it in for reasons in the other post.

And I have some probably really difficult/challenging things I need to do over thewinter/late fall. I really needed the Light , Beauty & Energy of this show,& being in there close as I could like a visual,aural & emotionalmemory/talisman till the Spring returns!

Plus I get SAD at first oin late Sept when the sun starts getting so low in angle, not to mention the short days!:( :( :(

I'm stillhigh!

it's quite alright... yea i had to throw tony in a cab real quick because he was getting mobbed... he went back into the store without his sunglasses on so as not to cause trouble, but someone he knew wanted to take a picture with him so he put them back on... and when he put them back on the mob all rushed him... thus i had to pull him out and throw him in a cab before they got all ron artest on us lol.

i would've swung back up once i got to penn station but i noticed there was a train home leaving in 10 minutes and i was exhausted so i just hopped it and took off... next time you're in new york i'll have to give you the grand tour :wink:

Sounds good!! I'll take you up on that offer (even if I have been to NYC about 10 times, hahaha!). :)

- Julie

:yes: :applaud: :hyper: Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant!!!!! I am so glad so many of you made it-and Thank you for the wonderful reports from your points of view!!! Awesome-I do wish I was there tho-There Is no band like *U2* live!!! It's what makes me such a big fan of theirs after All these years..1981-present!:wink: :heart: :love: And,t hank you for all the wonderful photos! :drool: :wink:

Hi...this is my 2nd official post here :wave: . I'm soooo jealous of anyone that was in New York on Monday, it had to be a blast. One of the reasons I love U2 so much is because of situations like this. IMO, the music truly comes from the hearts and souls of the four of them, and they don't hold anything back. Take the beautiful backdrop of the city, the fans, the music; you have an incredible moment that will not be soon forgotten. I can't think of too many band out there today that could have the impact U2 does. They are simply the best!!!

Back
Top Bottom