just got a "NEW" different copy of AB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
just bought my second copy of Achtung Baby from a used cd shop and this one is a paper casing, as opposed to the plastic cd case. it folds out a few times and has 3 new photos that are not included in the packaging of the normal album. also, the cover has the little pictures ina different arrangment than my other copy. anyone else have this version or know about it?

Yeah, that was the original version before they starting selling it in jewel cases (actually, they might've sold both at once, I dunno). Here's some info.

Interesting. I didn't know about these 'Eco Crap' cases. But it sounds kinda like how Pearl Jam albums are packaged. Only, there you'll find plastic but it's the same 3 way fold.

If I remember correctly, the digipack version was a "limited edition" when AB was first released. It was replaced by jewel cases after the first week of release or so.

I still have the digipack copy I bought the day AB was released. Not sure if it's actually worth anything, though.

That was the first version that I owned. It has awesome pictures. It got thrashed from overuse unfortunately. I wish I could find one of those in good shape.

My AB is the papery one too. I've never seen one like it since, only jewel case one.

I'm guessing my dad got it right when it was released. (AB and JT were handed down to me from my dad. I've bought the rest myself.)

I own both. I got the jewel case originally but found a used copy of the other one for fairly cheap, and I couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom